+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BabushkaMumma View Post
    And Vicpark - you have sexualised BF by using the term sucking. That toddler is consuming food - he is feeding.
    Ah... Another ap'ers over dramatic mis-representation of a post in an effort to gain empathy for your position. Last time I checked 'sucking' wasn't a sexually exclusive term. I sucked on a yoghurt icecream last night. My bubba sucked on his
    Toe this afternoon. Hmmm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Sorry I wanted to come back and say I wasn't laughing at you vic park just laughing at the fact that their was a photo that basically matched your description.
    No worries. It was a good coincidence!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Girl X it's not so much the "it makes me feel awkward" comments that upset me but the "it's not necessaryin our society". Not necessary for who? YOU and YOUR child? Or it's revolting. Or she's doing it wrong. Or mothers only do it for their own gain.

Reading this AFTER reading things like it being child abuse, pedophilia, disgusting, sickening...the list goes on...is just depressing.

I cannot imagine how FF mothers would feel if they were told "it's just not necessary in our society", it's abuse, it's revolting, I don't need to see it etc...because that's what we have to put up with and it makes me and many others feel sh!t.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

austmum  (12-05-2012),BabushkaMumma  (12-05-2012),Stiflers Mom  (12-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was like really excited that a person was actually 'feeding' on the cover of a magazine!!!! Lol just skimming over the comments, I understand 'each to their own' but seriously, if you drink cows breast milk then what's the difference? Except of course the fact that human breastmilk is BETTER cows milk contains nothing these days!!! I think it comes down to personal experience and education. Before I had kids I saw extended BF as 'for mums benefit' don't know why apart from not knowing the benefits of breastmilk really. I'm a BFer with a 'boob man' this morning he was a bit h'a herm... And I just finished feeding dd3, he took her down stairs and got all the kids breakie, came back up for a little, hanky pa danky and touched my boobie, *gasp* milk came out!!!! it's really not THAT bad!! It's a natural thing, he should of grabbed a cup but grabbed me a face wash!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't mind she is feeding her child.
    Seeing as most people feeding a four year old would feed at home before bed or something in private I don't see the big deal.
    The pose is kinda odd but maybe that's how you feed a four year old. I dunno, don't have a four year old to feed.

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchypoo View Post
    I'm sure the ABA love it. It's right down their aggressive little street.
    That is rude, insulting and a grossly misinformed statement.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to threechooks For This Useful Post:

BabushkaMumma  (12-05-2012),jacobsmamma  (13-05-2012),Mod-Zeddie  (12-05-2012),WorkingClassMum  (13-05-2012),wrena  (14-05-2012)

BabushkaMumma is offline Mothering with my whole heart as thats what my girls have given me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Ah... Another ap'ers over dramatic mis-representation of a post in an effort to gain empathy for your position. Last time I checked 'sucking' wasn't a sexually exclusive term. I sucked on a yoghurt icecream last night. My bubba sucked on his
    Toe this afternoon. Hmmm.
    You wrote that he would be embarrassed if his school friends found a picture of him 'sucking' his mothers breasts. That's called breastfeeding. Nothing to be ashamed of.

But instead you chose to use the word sucking in the context where it would support your argument too.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BabushkaMumma For This Useful Post:

Etienne  (12-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabushkaMumma View Post
    You wrote that he would be embarrassed if his school friends found a picture of him 'sucking' his mothers breasts. That's called breastfeeding. Nothing to be ashamed of.

But instead you chose to use the word sucking in the context where it would support your argument too.
    Exactly this. I was sitting here waiting for it to be said. Replace sucking with "feeding" and your sentence is pointless.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Etienne For This Useful Post:

BabushkaMumma  (12-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a new mum just dealing with breastfeeding and I actually don't like to breastfeed in public.
    Besides the mother rooms having nice recliners and ottomans to use, to me it's my time with my son to bond and also myself I am a private person.

But in no way am I hiding the fact that I do breastfeed and I'm not ashamed of doing it, heck I want to see how far I go and will gladly tell people openly it's my method of helping my son to grow. But just a few PP view how I do it as being ashamed and I feel that this may just add another angle of understanding on why some mums love privacy.

To me it's my personal bonding time and my preference is not to do it around strangers and out in the open.

Xx

Sent from my LT15a using BubHub

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay87 For This Useful Post:

BabushkaMumma  (12-05-2012)

BabushkaMumma is offline Mothering with my whole heart as thats what my girls have given me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Jay, that's lovely hope your journey is long and enjoyable!

I loved sitting down to feed and relaxing! I used to sit, watching daytime TV and soak up all those moments. Then she became a toddler..hahaha have fun and enjoy those pinch free, wrestle free moments!

It's not the same feeding the second newbie - I have had to feed while helping a toddler do and urgent wee. Now that is photo worthy.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BabushkaMumma For This Useful Post:

Jay87  (12-05-2012)