+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh whoops, couldnt find this thread. I don't know if its Mum vs Mum this time. I think its misogyny vs women; I think it's society's view of women vs how women really should be seen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilahh View Post
    Oh whoops, couldnt find this thread. I don't know if its Mum vs Mum this time. I think its misogyny vs women; I think it's society's view of women vs how women really should be seen.
    Seems it was males who set this whole thing up...perhaps we should put pics of men with their babies in slings and say "are you father enough"

Sadly, some of the most horrid things I've read about extended breastfeeders have been comments made by men

BabushkaMumma is offline Mothering with my whole heart as thats what my girls have given me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I don't understand why this woman is being vilified. She breastfed on the cover of a magazine whilst wearing make up? I see more boobs on the cover of zoo.

This whole thing has done me a massive favour. I deleted a few friends from facebook and from my life and I feel much better today. If people think mothers like me are
    - freaks
    - weird
    - creepy
    - can't let go

Then they can p!ss off. They probably wouldn't want me in their life anyway

I asked DP what he thought of the photo and he shrugged and said he felt indifferent *phew*
    Because how dare she use her breasts for longer than societies allocated time period of 6 months for something that should be reserved for the pleasure of men.

And how dare she use such a picture to make other mothers guilty for not breastfeeding.

Oh..and how dare she be a mother. That is probably why she's being vilified because there is a mummy war out there - and every mother that attacks this one is playing into the hands of the people that started it - Time Magazine.. Or actually media in general

And no surprise that misogynistic men are making the worst comments - how are they supposed to fantasize about women they cannot have if there is a child covering the boob????

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BabushkaMumma For This Useful Post:

Littlemissmetal  (12-05-2012),Stiflers Mom  (12-05-2012),threechooks  (12-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Seems it was males who set this whole thing up...perhaps we should put pics of men with their babies in slings and say "are you father enough"

Sadly, some of the most horrid things I've read about extended breastfeeders have been comments made by men
    I completely agree. (Some) men utterly loathe the idea of a women being anything but a sexual object. They feel actual aggression when they see a woman doing something other then portraying herself sexually. How sad is that? God, that is so sad. Im so sad for society when I see reactions like this. It's not just Mum vs Mum. It's woman hatred; its the hatred that (some) men feel towards women.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lilahh For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (12-05-2012),BabushkaMumma  (12-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BabushkaMumma View Post
    Because how dare she use her breasts for longer than societies allocated time period of 6 months for something that should be reserved for the pleasure of men.
    If people think my breasts are for the pleasure of my partner, they should see where my DS came out Oh *cries* however will I use my vagina again? My poor man, so hard done by. How he survives I just do not know.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

jacobsmamma  (12-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've only seen the cover photo, but I quite like it.

It's not a stereotypica mother image, and I like that sort of f*** you, yeah, I feed my 4yo, so what? Look. And it conveys she's not chained to the child, she looks busy and strong, and feeding is just a normal part of the day.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

BabushkaMumma  (12-05-2012),Benji  (12-05-2012),Etienne  (12-05-2012),headoverfeet  (12-05-2012),threechooks  (12-05-2012)

BabushkaMumma is offline Mothering with my whole heart as thats what my girls have given me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh Benji..babies don't come out of there remember? They magically float out of a mothers belly button.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BabushkaMumma For This Useful Post:

Benji  (12-05-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post

It's not a stereotypica mother image, and I like that sort of f*** you, yeah, I feed my 4yo, so what? Look. And it conveys she's not chained to the child, she looks busy and strong, and feeding is just a normal part of the day.
    Did you read this? http://mamabirth.blogspot.com.au/201...stfeeding.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissWinter View Post
    I am p!ssed that purely based on the cover I am NOT "mum enough" because I couldn't feed my daughter

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Others are ****ed because the cover has prompted responses like 'revolting', 'disgusting'.

As someone who FFd from birth, I am of the opinion extended breast feeders face more judgement over their feeding choice than formula feeders do.

It's revolting and disgusting that anyone is judged over how they feed their child a healthy diet.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

BabushkaMumma  (12-05-2012),Benji  (12-05-2012),Berrie  (12-05-2012),Etienne  (12-05-2012),smallpotatoes  (12-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post

This is what I saw too. I'm glad I'm not the only one.