+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Cool thanks for replies

I personally don't like the phrase are you mum enough.

The 2nd pic is much nicer than the cover... It doesn't look very comfy!

I'm all for BF but I couldn't imagine feeding my hypo 28mo even now he's way too big and bulky hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    One of my friends used to plonk her 3 yo DD up on the kitchen island bench to feed while we were standing there having morning tea.
    Bit different to everyone looking at the camera posing.

I just don't think the first photo does anything to promote breastfeeding in a positive way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I never could bf my boys even though I wanted to and I saw this on the project last night. I think the cover was intentionally designed to promote publicity through reaction. Simple as that. I don't think it does a great deal for promoting or the advocacy of breastfeeding simply because of the cover acting as bait for peoples 'outrage and disgust' there's nothing more most people like to do than complain so too many people are too busy reacting to the cover shot to read the actual article (which I haven't as I don't have a copy, I wonder if the writer/editor has inserted more bait in the article!)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Bit different to everyone looking at the camera posing.

I just don't think the first photo does anything to promote breastfeeding in a positive way.
    Yes I agree with this statement. I have no issues with extended breastfeeding but this cover photo is not a natural pose and Time are using it only to sell mags, gain attention and make money.

Because the cover lacks integrity from Time (and I'd say the woman as well for she is also attention seeking) it is therefore inappropriate. (Just like many magazine covers are).

I think she and Time have done nothing to promote extended breastfeeding in a positive way.

Off on minor tangent now...getting ready for my extra 2 cents worth..........
    just my personal opinion about showing off as a Mum - we don't REALLY have to tell the whole world all our parenting habits. You don't have to keep it a secret in converstations or anything - but showing off how wonderful you think you are is a bit of a turn off to me. But that's the same with anyone blowing their own trumpet for anything.
    I'm done now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am p!ssed that purely based on the cover I am NOT "mum enough" because I couldn't feed my daughter

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MissWinter For This Useful Post:

breakthemould  (12-05-2012)

somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read all of this thread, so just going to comment on the photo.

I dont like it! Not because of the breastfeeding, but because of the tone it manages to capture. The mother looks confrontational and almost aggressive and the child looks like he has been caught doing something wrong

The second photo appears much more natural and nurturing and would be a much more appealing shot, if trying to promote extended breastfeeding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Regardless of whether or not you approve of extended breastfeeding:
    What type of woman allows such a photo of her toddler to be published?

A money Hungry attention seeking mommy with issues. That kid will have to grow up one day and I wonder if he will be pleased that the photo is out there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    Vulva I a have multitasking vulva and multitasking breasts
    I am pregnant with my first and plan to bf. Can I get this quote on a t shirt? It is awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Zipper View Post
    That's because no one is trying to make money off breastfeeding. I'm sure if big business could control our breasts there'd be ads galore!
    Having a marketing/ advertising background this morning I actually thought of several ways to make money out of it.

Marketing and advertising is all about creating a need and making people feel bad if they don't have / use this product. ( regardless if it is actually needed)

For example most of us on here take supplements already whilst TTC and during bf. Any of those vitamin companies could create a supplement designed for growing childrens bf needs ( if you listen to the formula ads they go on about the growing needs all the time)

Then there are all the fashion accessories, toys and snuggle blankets etc that could be used,

The good thing about the article is that it has brought the topic of bf back to light, which cannot be a bad thing.
    If a mother/ child chooses to continue or not they shouldn't be made to feel bad for the decision either way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Regardless of whether or not you approve of extended breastfeeding:
    What type of woman allows such a photo of her toddler to be published?

A money Hungry attention seeking mommy with issues. That kid will have to grow up one day and I wonder if he will be pleased that the photo is out there.
    The woman may feel so strongly about this ..she thought this was a way to "show the world"
    There was a chick feeding her 2 year old kid on tv this morning..was she also "attention seeking"....some people feel a need to shove their ideas of whats right in your face!!

For me the pic made me go wow big kid being breastfed..but thats it..I don't care about the breastfeeding debate....