+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaJez View Post
    So to the people that don't find breasts sexual do you involve them when having sexual relations with your partners? Or are they purely BF? Not trying to offend, just wondering.
    Unless he wants a mouthful of milk, yep they are purely used for breastfeeding while I am nursing. I don't just see breasts as breastfeeding devices nor sexual objects, of course my breasts have been used in sexual relations, but that's something kept between a man and women, not a child and mother, so it makes no sense to me that others would even connect the two.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyboys View Post
    My boobs were very good at multi tasking!!!
    It's a bit like saying you pee out of your vagina don't you find it strange having sex with it
    Oh my, you should see a doctor if you are peeing out of your vagina

I saw a tweet about this that I thought was quite funny, along the lines of "I find this Time Magazine cover much less offensive than when they named George W Bush Person of the Year. Twice"

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Von Zipper For This Useful Post:

Benji  (11-05-2012),Sheer Bliss  (11-05-2012),threechooks  (12-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Zipper View Post
    Oh my, you should see a doctor if you are peeing out of your vagina
    Fine change it to you have menstrual fluids and babies come out of there and you still want to have sex with it?!!! I know your vagina and urethra are seperate but what do you call the general area then??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaJez View Post
    So to the people that don't find breasts sexual do you involve them when having sexual relations with your partners? Or are they purely BF? Not trying to offend, just wondering.
    My husband is NOT a breast man and has never had any interest in them(apart from when he wants to annoy me and shakes them) he does not find them sexually appealing so they were for BF I am glad mine are small as they would interfere with life.

ETA: my hubby is probably strange but he has never understood why men are so fascinated by breasts
    Last edited by fairyflossfairy; 11-05-2012 at 21:01.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    While I'm not bfing, yes my breasts are sexual. But DP and I both agree their primary function is and will be to feed our children when they show up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyboys View Post
    Fine change it to you have menstrual fluids and babies come out of there and you still want to have sex with it?!!! I know your vagina and urethra are seperate but what do you call the general area then??
    Vulva I a have multitasking vulva and multitasking breasts

I personally hate it when people try to use toileting as an analogy for breastfeeding - because they're both "natural" . I could never compare excrement to food.
    Last edited by misskittyfantastico; 11-05-2012 at 21:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, I have a good friend who's breastfeeding her 2yo and is having a problem with deciding whether to go on or not. She isn't doing it for nutrition anymore. She's doing it for comfort. On one side she wants to stop because its exhausting for her, on the other hand she wants to continue because it is the only way he goes to sleep.
    This makes me wonder how many mums who breastfeed beyond the age of 2, do it for nutritional benefits, or to get some peace and quiet at night?
    I would ask the same for a formula fed 2yo though, but this thread is about breastfeeding.

IF mums breastfeed beyond 2 just to get some peace and quiet, then no, I do not agree with it and find it even a little selfish.
    IF they do it for nutritional/health benefits, then I'm all for it.

However, at what age do you draw the line? When do you decide that cows/goat milk, veggies, fruit and/or meat will be sufficient to take over the fulltime support of your growing child?

I breastfed til 14 months and he weaned himself unvoluntarely as he got very sick. Looking at him now at the age of 29 months, he weighs a whopping 20kg and is 112cm tall. I can't even try to imagine having such a huge child hanging on my cup B breast Major ouch! I would feel incredibly uncomfortable with it, regardless if it is the best thing for his health or not.
    Yet this is my personal opinion and I am sure people will disagree with it.

Oh and the 1st cover photo did make me uncomfortable. The child looks much older than 3. Surely they could've found a more normal sized 3yo for a photo like this
    The second photo is ok. It's a more snuggled in and attached pose.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Missschielf, biologically, we are designed to benefit from the support that breastmilk provides until the age of 4-7.

The longer you breastfeed, the better you are giving your kids immune system, cardiovascular system, brain, etc a kickstart for life.

It's really not about nutrition per se, as about supplementing all the body's core systems to really maximise their working over the longterm.

My kids have all been breastfed til the age of 3 so that's where I've set my bar.

I do feel guilty no matter hwat when weaning as I know I wean *for me* and not for the best interests of the child, but hey, I can only take so much.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chew the Mintie For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (11-05-2012),Sheer Bliss  (11-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    Missschielf, biologically, we are designed to benefit from the support that breastmilk provides until the age of 4-7.

The longer you breastfeed, the better you are giving your kids immune system, cardiovascular system, brain, etc a kickstart for life.

It's really not about nutrition per se, as about supplementing all the body's core systems to really maximise their working over the longterm.

My kids have all been breastfed til the age of 3 so that's where I've set my bar.

I do feel guilty no matter hwat when weaning as I know I wean *for me* and not for the best interests of the child, but hey, I can only take so much.
    I got totally over it by 2.5 yrs then absolutely friggen over it by 2.9yrs and so I weaned him. Selfish but necessary.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Chew the Mintie  (11-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read the article but I did look at the pics and I do agree with the pp's who are saying the pic is really detached and it doesn't seem like a 'loving' bf moment. The mum looks like she's had enough!
    I am still bf my 19 mth old and intend to keep doing so until she has had enough. I have my moments when I am over it but then I see how much comfort it offers her and I just can't take that away from her yet. I was bf until I was 3.5 and my sister has done extended bf with her bubs up until 3 so I honestly don't see the big deal!
    Its funny this article came up because I was speaking to a lady today who made me feel very uncomfortable when I told her i was still bf. I was listening to her thinking how sad it is that people are so uncomfortable with the most natural thing in the world. Still, it won't change my opinion.
    I watched that doco about extraordinary breastfeeding and the was a girl who organised rallies where mums would all go sit in public places and bf their babies and toddlers! The looks they got were priceless! I'd love to do something like that!!