+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    BabushkaMumma is offline Mothering with my whole heart as thats what my girls have given me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EmilyJane View Post
    I didn't like either photo simply because they look too staged and the 'mothers' don't look affectionate at all. The first photo is worst. It's like 'yeah Im BF'ing my older child, what you gonna do about it'...rather than portraying the bonding and loving experience BF'ing actually gives.
    But not all women feel loving and bond while BF. Some bleed, some use shields, some feed 3 year olds with massive aversions and don't want to look at their child - some women, yes I know, even feed while standing up. Crazy I know.

I have seen in some professionally staged photo shoots the criticism that the women breastfeeding don't look loving enough. Like they must have a glow about them. Like its too utilitarian to portray breasts with such coldness. Then, if a woman displays too much affection and eye contact, she's sexualising BF.

Realistically, a BF woman cannot win.
    Last edited by BabushkaMumma; 11-05-2012 at 17:55.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BabushkaMumma For This Useful Post:

Benji  (11-05-2012),fairyflossfairy  (11-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EmilyJane View Post
    I didn't like either photo simply because they look too staged and the 'mothers' don't look affectionate at all. The first photo is worst. It's like 'yeah Im BF'ing my older child, what you gonna do about it'...rather than portraying the bonding and loving experience BF'ing actually gives.
    The primary purpose of BFing is to feed a child, she's doing that, the other stuff isn't always relevant.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

jacobsmamma  (11-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    It's got nothing to do with breasts for me. It is staged! Breastfeeding is natural, but standing your child on a chair to breastfeed them? Not natural!

I love the second picture.
    Last edited by BigRedV; 11-05-2012 at 19:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    It's got nothing to do with breasts for me. It is staged! Breastfeeding is natural, but standing your child on a chair to breastfeed them? Not natural!

One of my friends used to plonk her 3 yo DD up on the kitchen island bench to feed while we were standing there having morning tea.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

Sheer Bliss  (11-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post

I've fed Ds is all sorts of weird positions, a few ofthe which did involve him standing lol

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

9. The Following User Says Thank You to GuestMember For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    I'm not sure what I think about the mother's psyche when she chooses to breast feed a toddler / child past the age of 3 or 4. I'm not sure that what I think really matters I guess, as long as the parent / child relationship is healthy.
    I kind of agree about the photo it does seem a little show offish and a more natural nurturing shot would have been better. I'm not sure what would be wrong with the psyche of someone breastfeeding their 3 year old, when do we start worrying about their psyche, when they breastfeed past the age of 6 months, age of 1, age of 2 , etc, or do we worry about their psyche if they don't breastfeed at all, or only until the age of 6 months, age of 1 etc.

On another note the 'revolting' comments don't even warrant discussion, they say much more about the person than the article/photo.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hootenanny For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    so THIS is what everyone is talking about, the reaction would be the same if the child was younger

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Zipper View Post
    That's because no one is trying to make money off breastfeeding. I'm sure if big business could control our breasts there'd be ads galore!
    Touche.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Littlemissmetal For This Useful Post:

threechooks  (12-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So to the people that don't find breasts sexual do you involve them when having sexual relations with your partners? Or are they purely BF? Not trying to offend, just wondering.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My boobs were very good at multi tasking!!!
    It's a bit like saying you pee out of your vagina don't you find it strange having sex with it

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hootenanny For This Useful Post:

Benji  (11-05-2012),BlissedOut  (11-05-2012),FiveInTheBed  (11-05-2012),Sheer Bliss  (11-05-2012),wrena  (14-05-2012)