+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a day catnapper and it was SOOO hard because he really needed more sleep than he was getting. We tried absolutely everything, read heaps about it and I eventually came to the conclusion that some babies are just catnappers until they get older and there's not much the parent can do to help it. My DS grew out of it about 10-12 months from memory.

I'm sorry if that's not the help you were after but I truly believe they just need to grow out of it. I hope accepting this will make me less stressed about the situation if my next bub is similar.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS cat napped from 3 months until about 6ish months. I tried and tried to get him to sleep longer but had no success. It drove me nuts! One day though he just kept sleeping and from then on always did a long (for him) sleep in the morning. I guess
    he just grew out of it. He got even better just after 12 months when
    I switched him to one sleep at lunchtime and I finally got my 2 hour day sleep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep I agree, I think its just some babies! Your LO sounds like he is doing well sleeping through tho, try not to sweat the days. Would he sleep longer in a sling while you do stuff?

My lil man doesnt sleep much day or night, a sling helps and I just try follow his lead. I know he'll get there eventually.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also had a catnapper during the day. He started having only 30 minute sleeps from about 6 weeks old. He would have three a day. He was quite capable of staying awake for a few hours at a time. Then at about 8 months this dropped to 2 a day!! He was also waking every 3 hours during the night until about 9 months.
    One day at about 10 months old he started having hour long sleeps in the morning and 45 minutes in the afternoon.
    We tried everything, but eventually came to the conclusion that he just didn't need that much sleep.
    Now he's 1 and he sleeps for 1.5hrs in the morning and 1 hour in the afternoon. And he sleeps through the night!! Finally.
    Just wanted to let u know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD was a catnapper and it got so much easier when I stopped worrying about it. She'd sleep 6-6(or even 7) at night but only 3 x 15-20 min naps through the day. She'd always wake up giggling and smiling - I tried everything to get her back to sleep but no chance! Once she dropped to 2 sleeps around 7 months they were 20-30min each. Then at 1 she went to one sleep and much as PPs have said, that's when she finally started to take long naps 1-4 hours - bliss! But after a year of being able to do naps while out and about it was quite a change being 'stuck' at home for all that time. If your bub is growing well, sleeping at night and happy for most of the time when awake then personally I wouldn't worry. Though I feel your pain, my house was a pigsty and I was so jealous of my friends who got to nap/clean when their bubs were sleeping - I'd barely get a cuppa in!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone, yes I think I'm just going to have to accept it. He seems happy enough after his cat naps and is growing well and sleeps ok during the night do I guess I should stop worrying. I must admit I do get jealous o my friends and family who have bubs that sleep hours during the day but I need to snap out of that. Hopefully one day all of a sudden it'll change. Unfortunately he doesn't like slings or carriers either, he's full of energy and just doesn't like being confined in them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD1 was a catnapper till 6mths.... then miraculously went to 2 solid sleeps a day. But at the same time her night sleep went horrible.

i'd still go with the good night sleep over good day sleeps.