+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep. Dh has a daughter in England.
    She would be about 8/9 now. Don't talk to her or mum. His choice and mums choice.
    He was 16 when she was born.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    My dp has a son and doesn't seem him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Just because a man has a kid and doesn't see them doesn't always mean he's a bad father or doesn't want to see them. Not everything is so black and white and we don't always know the stories etc behind the reasons.

Instead of judging SOME of these men (yeah some are just complete w@nkers who should have covered it up) we should be helping them TO see their kids.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mum2bubba For This Useful Post:

AppleIsleSMum  (15-05-2012),Lovemyfam  (15-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2bubba View Post
    Instead of judging SOME of these men (yeah some are just complete w@nkers who should have covered it up) we should be helping them TO see their kids.
    Or not forcing them if they don't want too... (not saying you or anyone would, I agree that if they want to connect by all means help... But no man should be forced...)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chocolate All Gone Now For This Useful Post:

mum2bubba  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a child with no father- hes local to us and we do see him on at least a weekly basis around town but nothing... he has more children who he no longer lives with.

I dont think you could call a man who does not see his child by choice a man- he's an immature little boy! a real man is mature enough to realise and know that a child can benefit from having a father in their life- even through a one night stand they have sex they risk the pregnancy. A fathers right in the abortion debate happens when he has sex- he can abort his mission and not have sex but as we all know the only contraception 100% safe is abstinence- he doesnt want a child at all- he doesnt have sex- simple!
    I couldnt be with a man who by choice does not see his child or refuses/makes a fuss over paying CS- they obviously dont have morals or compassion for the child that is half of their DNA.

I also think that for some of the mens new partners- tehy arent told the whole truth- they are probably told the whole she wont let me see the kid/its not mine she was cheating/she only wants my child support bull cr@p that they spin. NO male is going to come right out and say nah couldnt care less about the kid- daddyhood wasnt for me so I dumped it.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MommaBear For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (13-05-2012),nicoletta  (18-05-2012),twotrunks  (13-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have a friend who had no contact with her bio dad for her whole life, even though he lived somewhat locally. One day when she was in her twenties her mum pointed out her father while at the local shops. She approached him and they have now built a really great relationship. Bit of a spin out... Seems he was hesitant to disrupt her life as she had a step dad & brothers and sisters, but when she approached him he couldn't have been happier.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bada For This Useful Post:

twotrunks  (13-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MommaBear View Post
    I have a child with no father- hes local to us and we do see him on at least a weekly basis around town but nothing... he has more children who he no longer lives with.

I dont think you could call a man who does not see his child by choice a man- he's an immature little boy! a real man is mature enough to realise and know that a child can benefit from having a father in their life- even through a one night stand they have sex they risk the pregnancy. A fathers right in the abortion debate happens when he has sex- he can abort his mission and not have sex but as we all know the only contraception 100% safe is abstinence- he doesnt want a child at all- he doesnt have sex- simple!
    I couldnt be with a man who by choice does not see his child or refuses/makes a fuss over paying CS- they obviously dont have morals or compassion for the child that is half of their DNA.

I also think that for some of the mens new partners- tehy arent told the whole truth- they are probably told the whole she wont let me see the kid/its not mine she was cheating/she only wants my child support bull cr@p that they spin. NO male is going to come right out and say nah couldnt care less about the kid- daddyhood wasnt for me so I dumped it.
    I don't agree with this. In the same instance then women who chose to have an abortion should be looked down upon and judged because they didn't let this life grow and it could have been a good life if they hadn't of aborted it. If they didn't want a baby they shouldn't have had sex. It's crap and you know it. Men just shouldn't have sex because they don't have a choice over whether the child is brought into the world or not? But it's okay for women because hey they can just have abortion after abortion.. what's the harm in that right? pffft

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Renesme For This Useful Post:

AppleIsleSMum  (15-05-2012),smallpotatoes  (12-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Renesme View Post
    I don't agree with this. In the same instance then women who chose to have an abortion should be looked down upon and judged because they didn't let this life grow and it could have been a good life if they hadn't of aborted it. If they didn't want a baby they shouldn't have had sex. It's crap and you know it. Men just shouldn't have sex because they don't have a choice over whether the child is brought into the world or not? But it's okay for women because hey they can just have abortion after abortion.. what's the harm in that right? pffft
    It's no secret that women have that as a back-up and men don't. Men don't have sex thinking they will be the one who gets to choose if an unplanned pregnancy ends in abortion or not... they know the woman does. So really, suck it up buddy. You knew it was a possibility when you were ready to get your jollies, so too bad.

It's not about what a man wants, but what his child DESERVES.

Some children will be much better not having their tosser fathers around... but even so, those tosser fathers should at least be paying child support. Kids cost no less just because their father is a selfish jerk.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Ana Gram  (18-05-2012),austmum  (12-05-2012),Gandalf  (13-05-2012),missie_mackxxxx  (15-05-2012),misskittyfantastico  (13-05-2012),MommaBear  (13-05-2012),nicoletta  (18-05-2012),pinkplease3  (13-05-2012),Stiflers Mom  (12-05-2012),twotrunks  (13-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gotta agree with Sassy Mummy above... the outcome of sex is pretty widely known. And truthfully I think there has to be something a bit off about a man who can quite knowingly ignore his own flesh and blood... not want to know them, not want to be a part of their lives. Maybe a knowing sperm donor is different I guess, they have known since the donation that they wouldn't be involved. But some of these stories how can a man actually live in the same town and not yearn to know the child they see walking around the shops? Bada's story was heartwarming at least.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    A mans character can be judged on how he treats his children.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sockstealingpoltergeist For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (15-05-2012),SassyMummy  (15-05-2012),SuperGranny  (14-05-2012),twotrunks  (13-05-2012)