+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Brisbane: The Mater Mothers want you to share your story with them ...

The Mater Mothers want you to share your story with them ...

Mater Mothers - Beautiful Moments - 45 sec
    www.youtube.com
    For over 50 years, the Mater has been there to share in many beautiful moments that last a lifetime. Join us at www.facebook.com/matermothers to share your own.

More...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I really don't think my stories would fit what they are looking for.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetseven For This Useful Post:

Bellaxo  (12-05-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetseven View Post
    I really don't think my stories would fit what they are looking for.
    They didn't say what type they were after..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD1, whilst I was waiting to be instructed to push (as we were told at the antenatal classes) the midwife yelled at me that if I didn't start pushing soon we would still be here tomorrow, then she left the room. In antenatal classes we had been told that is was normal for some babies to not want to feed for up to 24 hours after birth, so I was unconcerned when bub wasn't interested in feeding early on. Then a student midwife had me in tears when she was twelve hours old and hadn't fed yet because the advice from the antenatal clinic didn't apply when she was "so little" (<4kg).

DD2, without informing me (let alone asking permission) I was given an episiotomy and forceps were used. I was also injected with something that wasn't recorded so when I later asked what it was no-one could tell me. And when I declined holding my newborn for fear of dropping her (due to going into shock) she was sent away to triage. Four hours later when I asked if at least her father could go see her, I received apologies that she had been forgotten and she was brought back to us.

DD3. When I had DD3, there was a young mother there with her parents. They were from the country and had her discharged early because they were so unsatisfied with the birth. Three days of labour, during which a "failure to progress" diagnosis led to induction and then emergency c/s. Two epidural machines failed, causing further distress.

PS: The title of "Beautiful Moments" indicates they do not want such stories. And please dont get the wrong idea, the above is just highlighting the bad - there is a lot of good also.
    Last edited by sweetseven; 12-05-2012 at 12:36.