+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Our last car was a commodore, as us out current one.
    We LOVE them. Never a problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannielle View Post
    DH is driving me nuts. He read the replies and says see they aren't all bad and yeah well he did know some commodores had problems but we aren't looking at a commodore. Then he argues that if its brand new it wont have problems because why would they make them otherwise. Grrr But I'm scared of Holden's now and knowing my luck if we did we would get a dud.

Japanese cars and food LOL
    Maybe I should stick with Japanese. I have had 2x Honda and a Mazda. Oh, and a Nissan.

I thought the Honda Jazz was really teeny?

I really do like Toyota Corolla's. Wish I could do a new Corolla but need cheaper. Now I'm wondering if we would be better off with an older Toyota Corolla but DH wanted new. That's why he wanted me to look at the Holdens as they are so cheap. Hmmm wonder if the Yaris Sedans are too small.

DH just see's the price and says that will do. No DH it wont if it's not reliable.
    Tell your DH to do some research on new Barinas. You will be shocked at the junk these cars are. It's not worth it to spend little now and then pay through the nose for repairs. Get a second hand Mazda or Toyota. Your much better off.
    Barinas are cheap for a reason it's a freaking daewoo with a Holden badge.
    I have a new corolla and it fits my 2 kids very easily in the back.
    Mazdas are very good too and I think slightly better on boot space.
    Yaris is pretty small. Hondas are not as small inside as you would think but corolla has slightly more space.
    Are you financing the car or just cash?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and you can't compare a barina to a commodore.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    On boot space - in our Mazda 3 sedan we can seriously fit 2 bodies. Not what we use it for, but yeah. Can fit lots. OP, if you're interested in it, I can take some photos of our mazda for you to get an idea of size on the inside.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a side note - the Holden we have and the one my parents had as mentioned earlier were religiously serviced and well maintained and yet we still had all the issues mentioned.

So for all those who alluded that regular services and maintenance may stop the issues.... Well, the feedback speaks for itself.

Yes, servicing and maintenance *can* prevent or detect issues, but in crappy cars, you can kiss your money goodbye.

I work in an industry where I deal with cars on a daily basis and I've had an overwhelmingly high amount of people say how much they hate Holden and would never buy another.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    The Honda Jazz was small, but seems massive on the inside. Honda have a great skill at that!

I didn't realise you had no car seats. In that case, I'd go a Mazda 3 like I have. It comfortably fits 3 in the back and Mazda's really are the best.

DPs dad will only buy Japanese or European cars. He helped us choose the Mazda 3, and reckons Mazda's are up there in the best cars.

Not to mention you can get a new Mazda 3 from $22k...
    Yeah, well DD2 is in a vario kid max booster atm but that's because of the way she sits in the car. I know she was perfect for no booster in a Toyota Corolla Ascent I hired last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    Tell your DH to do some research on new Barinas. You will be shocked at the junk these cars are. It's not worth it to spend little now and then pay through the nose for repairs. Get a second hand Mazda or Toyota. Your much better off.
    Barinas are cheap for a reason it's a freaking daewoo with a Holden badge.
    I have a new corolla and it fits my 2 kids very easily in the back.
    Mazdas are very good too and I think slightly better on boot space.
    Yaris is pretty small. Hondas are not as small inside as you would think but corolla has slightly more space.
    Are you financing the car or just cash?
    Yeah, maybe I will look at 2nd hand too. Minimal finance if possible which is why DH wants me to look a bit cheaper now. We were originally thinking $25k total for car then have trade in and cash but want under that now to have only a small amount of finance.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    On boot space - in our Mazda 3 sedan we can seriously fit 2 bodies. Not what we use it for, but yeah. Can fit lots. OP, if you're interested in it, I can take some photos of our mazda for you to get an idea of size on the inside.
    ha ha ha The boot is pretty good then. Not that I need it for bodies either LOL. That would be great if you don't mind. I did try looking around yesterday but was looking at too many cars and didn't see a mazda 3.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We would never own a Holden or Ford ....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    one word. Toyota

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannielle View Post
    Yeah, well DD2 is in a vario kid max booster atm but that's because of the way she sits in the car. I know she was perfect for no booster in a Toyota Corolla Ascent I hired last year.

Yeah, maybe I will look at 2nd hand too. Minimal finance if possible which is why DH wants me to look a bit cheaper now. We were originally thinking $25k total for car then have trade in and cash but want under that now to have only a small amount of finance.

ha ha ha The boot is pretty good then. Not that I need it for bodies either LOL. That would be great if you don't mind. I did try looking around yesterday but was looking at too many cars and didn't see a mazda 3.

Will PM you later today

Thanks
    Reviews
    rainbow road- Thanks. No rush. What year is it?

Thanks guys, I will keep trying to convince DH for no Holden. Need to know that what we get is going to be reliable. Will get him to have a look at reviews. Definately don't want to do Barina.

Going to talk to DH about going 2nd hand and getting something we know should be reliable.

Still like Toyota Corolla - I hired it for a week last year and it was nice to drive. Small compared to our current car but not too small and even the hatch boot is huge compared to our current boot!

I want to look at the Toyota Yaris sedan too just in case it's not too small. Could probably find an ex-demp or low km sedan for $18k

Looks like I should be able to find a Corolla Ascent (don't really mind hatch or sedan) easily say maybe a 2009/2010 model for about $18k.

Mazda 3 is on the list maybe a 2008? not sure about how many km's to consider looking up to.

We adjusted the budget to see what we can get for $18k total for minimal finance or maybe next to nothing if we get a decent trade in.

Might look at Nissan's too. Our old one was really good. Had it for years with no mechanical drama's. Was still running well when we traded it in too.

Will look at all the other suggestions too.

What about Hyundai's or Kia's? Yay or nay? I have never been fond of Ford's, don't know why.