+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Question WDYT about Holden cars?

Does anyone have one? Would you recomend them?

Wondering specificially about the Holden Barina Sedans.

I haven't really looked in person yet but been searching the internet. But not sure if they are the right size for us. Plan on looking soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My parents had a Holden Jackaroo and my DH and I have a Commodore (we also have a Ford Escape) and I can honestly say I would NEVER buy another Holden ever again.

My parents were plagued with nothing but problems with theirs (inc needing a replacement engine) til they eventually got rid of it for a Ford Wildtrack and our Commodore has had issue after issue and it's only 5 years old. Even now it's held up with overheating issues.

Beware of them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep I have a 99 vt commodore, I've had it just on 2 years and it's been at the mechanic nearly every month for one thing or another, I'd never buy another one

Sent from my GT-S5660 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had a Holden Barinas for a year within that year I had to fix it 6+ times and spent thousands fixing it I sold it to the mechanic last year. he told me never to buy a Holden again as they are so expensive to fix an break a lot ! haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks,

Wow! I wasn't expecting 3 bad reviews so quickly with no good reviews.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My bro is driving his commodore till the engine blows( stretched timing chain) as it is cheaper to buy a new motor than get this part fixed. As for barinas dh swore he would never work on one again as it took 2 days to fix something which is simple on other cars and it would have cost a fortune for the owner to get it done by a mechanic. The only Holden I have had,had a useless motor and once again cost a heap to fix.
    In saying that you could get one that is the exception but are you willing to take the risk? Google car reviews for the model you are looking at and you will find some honest reviews on what the faults are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had my barina sedan since new (07 model) and it's been a great car for me. I've never had any issues mechanically and it's very reliable.

Size wise it's a bit small now that we're expecting no 2. DD is in a rear facing seat behind the passenger seat and DH (who is not overly tall) can only just fit in the passenger seat.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The key is maintenance my cars were apparently nightmare cars but we maintain them and use good quality(expensive fuel/fluids/parts) and have had minimum issues.

ETA we service at home as I do not trust anyone with my family's safety.
    Last edited by fairyflossfairy; 10-05-2012 at 22:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep another bad Barina experience. I got one brand new in 2001, was so exciting as it was my first car, until about three weeks after receiving it things started going wrong. I had it repaired countless times under warranty. I was in an accident and the front end was pretty much replaced and after that there weren't as many problems. We drove it to death in 2010, for a brand spankin' new car it really didn't live long. My sister got a Hyundai Accent around the same time and hers it still mechanically sound, never misses a beat. Who would have thought the cheap made budget car would out do the trusty old Holden!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a 92 barina that would not die. I thrashed it and it was amazing and now we have a 2011 commadore sv6 sportwagon and i love it, its beautiful and no probs whatsoever yet. Im a holden lover!!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub