+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Family car - looking for suggestions for best family car

Hi just wanted to know what kind of cars people had with their little ones. I have a Hyundai Getz at the moment an am 21 weeks pregnant. Was wondering if anyone else had one and was coping ok using it as a family car? Seems like there's not much room? Thanx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I have no idea about a Getz, sorry! We have a Commodore Sportswagon so heaps of room. With a smaller car I'd be checking how well a rear-facing car seat or capsule fits. We test drove a Holden Cruz but to fit a rear-facing car seat the front passenger seat would have to be fully forward - so no room for my DH!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My Dad has a Getz which I borrow occasionally. Its a bit too small for a family car personally but I have an i20 which is roughly the same as a Getz. I guess as long as it fits my pram and baby seat thats all that matters.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a Mazda Astina hatch, it works just fine :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanx everyone. Was thinking of getting an astra sedan or something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a new crv so no space issues there. We hired a Getz in Melbourne though and it was very small. I think that if you are used to small though, you won't perhaps notice as much as if you have had a bigger car? Maybe Must be awesome not to spend a hundred a week to fill 'er up....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subaru Outback!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had a Rav4 (the model just before the current shape) with DD as a baby. And it was a PITA!!

The carseat was waay too big to fit in the middle RF. She went behind the passenger, (when DH wasn't at work that was me) I had my seat pushed all the way to the front. She RF'ed for almost 2 years!! So it was a nightmare!!

Once she was FF it was much roomier. But I am very glad we ended up getting rid of it.

A getz is heaps smaller, so not a car I would have but if you can't afford to upgrade it will do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoehpotter View Post
    Hi just wanted to know what kind of cars people had with their little ones. I have a Hyundai Getz at the moment an am 21 weeks pregnant. Was wondering if anyone else had one and was coping ok using it as a family car? Seems like there's not much room? Thanx
    We have a new RAV and I absolutely love it!! When we were pregnant with dd we went and got a Toyota kluger but I hated the way it drove and it was really thirsty! So we down sized to a RAV! We also looked and test drove the Getz, i30, i45?? Is that the bigger one?? And a Nissan something. We looked at the corolla because of the boot space but ideally couldn't go past the boot space in the RAV. It's really good on petrol and at the moment in the boot I have a pram, dd's bike and a little ride on car so plenty of room. Dd has always sat on the side but the seat easily fits in the middle if we need to change it.
    Good luck car hunting!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoehpotter View Post
    Thanx everyone. Was thinking of getting an astra sedan or something.
    A lady from playgroup has an astra sedan and fits her 1yr old, 3 yr old and 4 yr old in it is a bit of a mission to get the youngest in and buckled bit I think with only 1 bub you would have heaps of space

Sent from my HTC Legend using BubHub