+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Avent Electric single or Medela Swing?

Our first bub is due in 2 months, and I am looking at breast pump at the moment as I will be back to work 6 months after the birth.

A number of people have recommended the avent manual pump. Since I will be pumping every day I will probably consider getting the electric. And the avent is perfect as it can be used as manual if u take the motor out. Also we were given a lot of avent products.

However a lot of ppl here recommended the Medela brand. I am wondering which brand is better and why. I am not sure if the size of the breasts make a difference. I am on the small side, before pregnant I was a 12A and now 32 weeks I only grew to a B/C cup (yep having heaps of problem finding maternity bra too as they start from at least C). I don't even know if the size would affect how much milk I will produce.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have the Avent manual pump and the Medela swing pump. I bought the manual pump second hand off a friend till I knew BF would work.

For me I like the Medela better as its less pain on my back (had a car accident a few years ago). I find with the manual pump I need to lean forward more than with the electric pump. Maybe I'm not doing it right, who knows.

I express 100ml in about 20 minutes on either one daily and my boobs are HH.

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    i have the avent, electric double pump. So much easier (half the time) if you are doing it daily. Basically it does both sides at once and very easy to use.

I have never had any problems with it at all. I also have the manual which i hate and only used a couple of times (just before i switched to electric double pump).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Missie Mack, the unimom sounds good first time I heard of it. But what bottles do you use to feed baby? Do you buy the unimom bottles? Are they wide or narrow necked bottles? And are they bpa free?

Thanks
    Reviews
    All unimom products are bpa free! The new allegro and forte both convert into manual pumps and they take any standard size bottle or with the wide cap screwed in will fit the avent bottles. They are also closed system pumps so so much more hygienic then the avent or medela. You can find out more info at www.unimom.com.au
    Hope that helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have Avent single electric and love it. It's fast and comfy. Used mendela in hospital, preferred the Avent. The Avent was super fast.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a second hand avent and when it broke, I bought a medela. I just sold it because I hated it.
    For me, it didn't pump out nearly as much milk as avent did. Saying that, I know loads who loved the medela, so I really think its a personal thing.

But when this bub comes, I'm def buying a avent.