+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Anyone an Educator in babies room??

Hey. I'm starting as relief group lease in a babies room from next week and just wanted to see if anyone else on here was and to get any tips or advice.

I really love this age group and am really looking forward to working in the room. Being its my first time as group leader and helping to run tge room I'm a bit nervous as well. I've done all my practs in babies room so pretty know its based around their routines, so isn't the same everyday.
    What else can you tell me how your day usually goes though??
    How are you finding the new framework and with babies??

Anything else you can tell me would be a great help.
    Thanks!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    bump good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No advice ATM but you are so lucky babies are the best group to start with

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I used to work in a babies room and it was fantastic!
    Parents love lots of information and contact. Newsletter etc
    Book/journal/pictures about their day. If you have time of course. Detailed chat at the end of the day if you can manage with parents. Individual posters with photos with likes/dislikes for each baby.
    I use to put on music and dance with the 1+ while the others dealt with sleeping/small babies.
    Try and separate the group once a day into small babies/toddling babies to do different activities.
    Anyway this is probably stuff you already know, I just have the fondest memories of my time in the babies room!
    Last edited by faroutbrusselsprout; 10-05-2012 at 20:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies.

Ever since I've started my studies I've always been passionate about the babies more than any other age group. I am passionate about all children, but just the babies more.

Yeah being that I had my DS in babies room at 11months I was wanting more information about his day than I do now.

I know the centre I'm going to does Learning stories and the daily 'what did we do' sheet then I'm assuming they would have a communication book for each child where you can add extra comments too.

Yeah that is important to do some activities with the older babies, and alot of art is usually done in those activities (from my previous practs).
    I love having music on in the room, and used to always sing along and dance sometimes. It is a good way to get fit and lose some weight haha. But its just some simple fun where you don't need too much resources to do it, so its awesome activity to do with all the kids.
    I noticed there is about half each of young and older babies there today, so will be a good challenge.

I'm excited

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Team work...
    You can not underestimate the power of working together, I was group leader but always worked on the same level as the staff, allowed them to put ideas forward for craft, activities ect

We also tried to split the group for a change too! Older kids out running and climbing whilst the little bubs had floor time, bottles cuddles etc
    I had 12 under 2 with three staff and we were busy all the time!
    A bubble machine
    Singing action songs at transition times

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub