+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally, I would still go to the party but it doesn't mean you have to take all the crap too. Maybe afterwards, tell them that you need a talk and let them know how you feel. I only have one sister and no brothers and my mum used to tell us that too. We fight like animals all the time but we always talk and forgive each other because we've only got each other. I guess family is really important to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good lord... Sounds like what we are going through with sil except she is waiting for an apology for something that was a misunderstanding between Dh and her boyfriend, she shouldn't have got involved in in the first place. She's been waiting for an apology for 5yrs now and she will be waiting forever cause she isn't going to get one when Dh has nothing to apologize for. So no I wouldn't just suck it up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No, but I'm a cranky, grudgy thing

If they get all patronising and "we forgive you", you could always calmly say that you don't feel that you have done anything wrong so you'll have to agree to disagree. That could make things blow up but for me personally, that is the only way I could handle it if they started that talk. Better than throwing the birthday cake on them (although that would feel better ).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sassy, I understand where you are coming from. I still attend the family events and am happy and bubbly while there, for the sake of my mum. She's devastated that we aren't all close. So I go, smile, suck it allllll up for her sake.

good luck with making a decision Sassy, I wish I could be more helpful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I wouldn't. Too many times I have sucked it up for the sake of family and it hasn't gotten me anywhere. Nowadays there are only a few family members I actually want to spend time with.