+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Well one of my best friends is an old school friend, plus I still have regular contact with a few others and sporadic catch ups with many others school friends.

My adult friends don't know as much about me, I guess. I have work friends, mothers group friends, friends I lived with overseas, gym friends and I guess they all know me in a different way. Although, they'd all probably say I was loud and straightforward

I do see my friend from mothers group the most. Apart from my gym friends and mothers group friends, I don't have any other groups of friends close to me at all. Work friends are at least 50km away, school friends about 100km away.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Milktini View Post
    Most of my school friends are my close adult friends, i'd say we are still as equally if not more close, just more busy so don't have as much time for each other. I haven't really managed to make super close friends out of school, I have quite a few people I see often, but we don't have the same closeness as my other friends perhaps that's just because I haven't known them as long.
    This is exactly me, too. I can't imagine being as close to anyone as I am to my school friends. We've been through literally everything together, from first periods to parent's break ups to losing our virginity, to first jobs and first houses, marriages, babies, miscarriages, break ups, debt, success, gosh I could go on forever. Not many people now know the person I was on high school, but those girls do, and i knew them. We can never pull the wool over any of our eyes about anything, we would get called out in a second

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Nope. I never see any of them nor do i want anything to do with them. From stories i have heard, they are just as bad as they were in school.

There is one person i am friends with. We have known eachother for almost our entire life. We met in primary school, went to highschool together and also worked our first job together.

With friends i have made since being out of school, well i havent really met many that i have been able to keep as friends.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Life is so different now,obviously I have changed a fair bit since I was a silly schoolgirl I moved to Oz,so left all my school friends behind...I am not close to any of them now as we are seriously worlds apart.
    I love all my friends now,we are all really close but of course friendships are not the same as when I was in school (and had aalll the time in the world LOL)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My best friends are all my school friends. I have made friends outside of high school of course, but my closest friends will always be my school friends. As others say, they have been through everything with me - they are like my sisters *sheds nostalgic tear*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm still in contact with all my childhood friends but I don't really consider most of them friends these days. They are more like acquaintances now. Things just change I guess. It doesn't bother me too much as I have made new friends who I have a lot more in common with now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have any of my school friends they all ditched me when I fell pregnant at 16 I'm slowly making adult friends but have to say it was so much easier making friends as a kid lol

Savingfishfromdrowning is offline If you can't change your fate, change your attitude
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't realise so many people stayed friends with their school friends! I couldn't think of anything worse than having to still hang out with all those people. Then again I wasn't really part of a 'group' at school - not many people there I really clicked with. I didn't find people like me until I got to Uni and left all the catty social heirachy of highschool behind.

So I guess the answer to the question is yes, much closer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 2 closest friends are from high school. Although dh and I have friends as a couple I have not made any very close friendships since those two. I don't know why I have wondered maybe I'm not as friendly and open as I was when I was a teen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    4 of my closest friends are from my high school days and my best mate I met in year 1. My 2 other close friends I met during our crazy clubbing days when I was 21.

I find it so hard to compare my older adult relationships to those that I met earlier in my life. I feel these people know me so well and we have been through a lot together.

Because I'm blessed with these long term friendships I think maybe I dont make the effort to work on new ones. I do have other friends but they will never be on par with my nearest and dearest.

Maybe I'm too closed off and not giving new friendships the chance.