+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bada View Post
    Remember when you would spend all day at school together then go home and talk on the phone for five hours? Lol
    LOL this was so me and my besties from school, we would do the three way call things as well! Never ran out of things to talk about.

On top of that we would write letters to each other during class too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inbetweeners View Post
    LOL this was so me and my besties from school, we would do the three way call things as well! Never ran out of things to talk about.

On top of that we would write letters to each other during class too
    Yes we did the notes too, what on earth were we talking about all that time??

Also I meant to say that even though my adult relationships may not be as close they are more selective iykwim. I'm friends with ppl I share interests with iykwim. Not just friends because we went to school together.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bada For This Useful Post:

SeymourTheBear  (10-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    None of my school friends made it through my relationship with my ex, they all essentially turned a blind eye and deserted me.
    I've only JUST started to make friends again, and the friendships are different, but perhaps with time they will evolve?
    I guess the difference between friendships when you are a teen vs friendships when you are an adult are huge and more complicated now than then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My best friend and I have been best friends since Preschool, we have gone through everything together. I keep in touch with a few friends from primary school, and most people I was good friends with in high school I am still close with. So yes I still have most of my friends from high school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have one friend whom I'm still friends with from school, we've been friends for almost 20 years! We've had our ups and downs but we know each other really well now because of them and our friendship is stronger than ever. It's been amazing to have been able to share weddings, pregnancy, babies etc with each other, we consider ourselves to be very lucky :-) I have one other adult friend who I've only known a few years but it feels like we've known each other for alot longer, we click :-)

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I moved outta town the moment I graduated from highschool, couldnt wait. All the people I were friends with branched out but seem to make time to catch up, I dont get many invites but I do remain in touch on facebook etc. One girl I still talk to quite often but I dont confide in her like I would with my adult friends now

I consider my girlfriends I have now like my family. (And yes Chels, Lexa and Rach and Annalisa, talking about you! :P )

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mahjong For This Useful Post:

*Chels*  (10-05-2012)

Guest Guest
    Until age 31 I was still close with my school friends, but not now. I am married to my school friends brother though, but we weren't actually close in school. (and aren't that close now)
    I still speak to my uni friends but again not as much (we were at uni for 5 years together so got really close aswell)
    And I don't work out of home, so it's harder to connect with anyone I see everyday. I'm probably closer to my online friends actually.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm still in contact with two school friends. We don't see each other that regularly but when we do it's like high school all over again. Ie non stop chatter

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would say I have 4 close friends, 2 of which are school friends, one was the girlfriend of a school friend and one is my neighbour, who I met about 18 months ago.

Lately, I feel closer to my neighbour than the other friends, but we spend a lot of time together, and we have a lot in common.

My school friends and I don't see each other all that often but when we do it seems like no time has passed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Still friends with a few from school. 2 I'm particularly close with. One I've been best friends with for 27 years and the other, 17 years.