+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Are you as close with your adult friends as you were with school friends?

Per the title????

Just curious on how your friendships have changed over the years, whether you still have all your old school friends etc.

I have one BFF from my early years and although we live thousands of km apart and dont see eachother, its still as though nothings changed

I sometimes dont feel as close to friends I have made as an adult as we didnt go through school together so dont have quite that strong history... but a friendship has to start somewhere I guess and then you build that history.

Anyone reconnect with old friends after years? How did it turn out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No, my adult friends are not as close as my school friends were.
    Unfortunately i had a major falling out with my high school friends in my early 20's and that was the end of it, i miss those friendships.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I always moved frequently as a child so have lost contact with any childhood friends I had. I never had a strong friendship like I would see others share, who would say they had been friends since kindy or year 1.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetseven View Post
    I always moved frequently as a child so have lost contact with any childhood friends I had. I never had a strong friendship like I would see others share, who would say they had been friends since kindy or year 1.
    Aww, changing schools is hard on kids

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    No, my adult friends are not as close as my school friends were.
    Unfortunately i had a major falling out with my high school friends in my early 20's and that was the end of it, i miss those friendships.
    Same thing happened with a couple of my friends from high school in my early adult years Its sad cos it was over something so lame.

Have you ever considered getting back in touch?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My non close school friend turned out to be my best mate into early adult hood. I'm closer to her now than ever. We've been best mates now for 8 years and she always supports me. Love her to pieces.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tricks For This Useful Post:

inbetweeners  (10-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Most of my school friends are my close adult friends, i'd say we are still as equally if not more close, just more busy so don't have as much time for each other. I haven't really managed to make super close friends out of school, I have quite a few people I see often, but we don't have the same closeness as my other friends perhaps that's just because I haven't known them as long.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Littlemissmetal For This Useful Post:

inbetweeners  (10-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inbetweeners View Post
    Same thing happened with a couple of my friends from high school in my early adult years Its sad cos it was over something so lame.

Have you ever considered getting back in touch?
    I have considered it but i don't believe it would be very well received. Even though the reason for ending the friendship was quite silly (and i still don't really understand it)...i think it's best to leave it in the past.

Thanks
    Reviews
    l moved interstate so dont see them often anymore, but I do have two girl friends I've known since before school, who although we don't chat often when we do chat its for hours at a time and still as open as it was in high school. Another guy friend I've known my whole life, living interstate of course we're not as close but still fun to catch up. And another guy friend from school years who lives overseas but again when we do catch up, its just like it was.

The relationships I've made as an adult are not the same, though there is a hubber I often spend a lot of the night chatting to, which does remind me of school a bit! Remember when you would spend all day at school together then go home and talk on the phone for five hours? Lol

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bada For This Useful Post:

FindMyLunch  (10-05-2012),inbetweeners  (10-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I feel kind of the opposite to you OP. I moved away from my hometown after graduating from university. I gradually lost contact with the friends I'd had since school (except for maybe a couple) and to be honest, it's never really phased me because our lives went in very different directions. . I've now been living in this city for 10 years and consider the friends I've made here to be the best ones I've ever had. So even though we obviously didn't grow up together, I feel like I've formed some very deep bonds as an adult.