+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Baby Pillow for sleeping

Hi,

Do you use a special pillow for your newborn's head to prevent flathead? What brand is it? With ds1 I did have one given by a friend but it was worn out and thrown out. I am trying to find one that is good and has good reviews by experienced mums. Some are badly designed ESP having too thick an area for baby's delicate small neck.

Or is it unnecessary?

Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm pretty sure any type of pillow for a newborn would be a SIDS risk. When DS was a newborn we just made sure we rotated which side his head faced when he slept, and tried to give him plenty of tummy time. He didn't develop any flat spots.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If they do get a flat spot it isn't really a big deal till they are one because their skull is still soft and fuses by the age of two.
    DS had a bad bend in his neck from being stuck in my pelvis, so could only turn his head one way for the first months before chiro fixed it. He ended up with a flat spot but like pp said, we just gave him more tummy time and turned his head in the other direction.
    Pillows aren't necessary unless doctor recommended.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD was developing a flat spot on the back of her head despite tummy time and changing head positions in bed. I used the Miji Baby Head rest and it helped us. For more info:

http://www.babybunting.com.au/index..../5079/s/11633/

Good luck! :-)