+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2EandR View Post
    We have quite a few gay parents at DDs school in the northern suburbs, it's no big deal here Northern bayside - Sandgate, Brighton etc
    I loveee sandgate.. But it seems to be full of oldies!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littlegreengeisha View Post
    I loveee sandgate.. But it seems to be full of oldies!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub
    That's ok, we'll all be old someday

Lol! It is changing, more young ones are moving in, although there is an oldie population still! DD has 2 friends in her class with gay parents, and they're awesome we all go out and catch up, do playdates etc!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2EandR View Post
    That's ok, we'll all be old someday

Lol! It is changing, more young ones are moving in, although there is an oldie population still! DD has 2 friends in her class with gay parents, and they're awesome we all go out and catch up, do playdates etc!
    I'm so scared of ds going to school.. I'm so worried about him being teased. Fingers crossed in a few years its not going to be such a big deal.

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!! My DDs school is a small catholic school that is very inclusive and like I said, the same-sex parents seem to be welcomed with open arms

Thanks
    Reviews
    This issue is probably no longer relevant, but just in case you were still thinking about moving I thought I would post as a same-sex family who has recently arrived from elsewhere.

One thing that I am starting to think is that people live where ever they want. There are no/fewer "gay/lesbian" suburbs. Our families are everywhere, and there is a sense from many people I speak with that everyone will be more tolerant, and people can generally live wherever they want - it is a free world. We have ended up in a "conservative" area, and it is just lovely.

I had hear good things about Wilston state school (or was it Windsor) but it was long time ago, so things may have changed (families moved on). When we arrived we spoke to heaps of schools about inclusiveness and bullying. Every single school was reassuring and positive in a range of geographical areas. We were to be the first family in only one area and they were getting a child in from a same-sex family the next year.

Rainbow Families Queensland exists to build resilience in our families. There site has loads of info, including how to approach schools under the parents with school aged children section.

Good-luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My partner and i recently moved to Kallangur with our toddler and have not experienced any issues from the locals in regards to our 'lifestyle'. Previously we lived on the south side (Corinda) and i found i was always being looked at or treated a little differently. I am hoping we will eventually find a few other gay families in the area, it would be great for our son to see that there are other kids out there who have two mums (or dads).

Good luck with your suburb search