+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Reason for wanting to move to a gay friendly suburb is my ds.. i want a place my ds can grow up in where we will be more accepted as a family.. Somewhere where its not so rare to see. We love the beaches but it seems to be all oldies there.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasssssy View Post
    A very openly gay friend lives in aspley n he loves it there....another lived at Chermy n loved it there too!

But I guess u could face bias anywhere sadly
    I have a very openly gay friend who lives in aspley too. She is originally from the southside though.
    Growing up my mother had a lot of gay friends. They were all on the southside too around Greenslopes mainly. Actually come to think of it I know a fair few gay guys who live between greenslopes and the gabba.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Does it have to be northside? I have gay friends (both male and female) that live Camp Hill and Mt Gravatt.
    Coorparoo also has some good schools nearby and is fairly central

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry it won't let me modify, Coorparoo is also next to Greenslopes, lots of transport, supermarkets, cafe ect

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yea I work northside so does dp

Thanks
    Reviews
    How far north do you work?
    Another option is West End (next to Southbank) but fair warning as the crime rate is a bit of a worry.
    I lived in and still own a house in Kelvin Grove for 8years and had a gay friend board with me for 2 years and didn't come across any issues. After he lived with me he moved to West End then New Farm.
    I agree I think the further out of the city you go the more likely you are to run into judgements.
    I hope this info helps and also hope you can raise your family in happiness and safety.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah I was going to say coopooroo its very gay friendly I worked in a few childcare centres there and there were a lot of same sex parents.Where I live in mcdowall is not so gay friendly which sucks, I wish that people were more accepting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not to keep pushing Coorparoo but there is the Clem 7 and pacific motorway a short drive away. ( plus train and various buses to city)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just spoke to my OH, she doesnt really know on the north side because she moved from there when she was 12 (Though her kindy teacher told her Mum that she thought that my OH would be gay) Her Mum also had heaps of gay and trans friends, but they were all living around Paddington

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have quite a few gay parents at DDs school in the northern suburbs, it's no big deal here Northern bayside - Sandgate, Brighton etc