+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Gay friendly suburbs brisbane?

My dp, ds and myself want to move soon and im looking for some suggestions of gay friendly suburbs on the north side of brisbane. The only place I can think of is the valley which isnt exactly childly or within our price range.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've lived on both the north and south side and I find the north side to be a little less tolerant :-(

But that's my opinion, sorry I can't be more help

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KnockKnockPenny For This Useful Post:

littlegreengeisha  (10-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hmmm, the only places that are 'reknown' for being gay friendly as more inner city, like New Farm, Tenneriffe, The Valley, West End etc.

It's a bit more tricky with northside areas, as unlike 'inner city' it's more suburbia, but places like Albion, Wooloowin, Nundah are a bit more less 'surburbia' so to speak. I would doubt anywhere more north than Chermside would be too 'gay friendly'.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

littlegreengeisha  (10-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone else

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not from Melbourne but I'd guess it's the same as sydney, no matter where you live there will be people who hate you and people who love you and people who couldn't care less. Maybe pick where ever is closer to your families?

Thanks
    Reviews
    A very openly gay friend lives in aspley n he loves it there....another lived at Chermy n loved it there too!

But I guess u could face bias anywhere sadly

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I just have to say that it shows how sucky this world is at times when a family need to move to a 'gay friendly' neighbourhood. Why can't they live in any neighbourhood. We are all just people. There no right or wrong. No difference. A family is a family regardless of gender.

Sorry I know thats not advice, I just think it really sucks that people need to be cautious because of their preference in partner.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LifeInShadesOfGrey For This Useful Post:

Ashram  (27-05-2013),PurpleButterfly4  (11-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It sure is sucky that our world isn't more tolerant/more accepting to love being love, but then again, we don't know why the OP is requesting gay friendly areas, maybe she wants to be near a more gay concentrated area for positive reasons, as in the social aspect etc and/or her kids being around families with the same parent situation etc. I don't know, I can't answer for her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniquey View Post
    Hmmm, the only places that are 'reknown' for being gay friendly as more inner city, like New Farm, Tenneriffe, The Valley, West End etc.

It's a bit more tricky with northside areas, as unlike 'inner city' it's more suburbia, but places like Albion, Wooloowin, Nundah are a bit more less 'surburbia' so to speak. I would doubt anywhere more north than Chermside would be too 'gay friendly'.
    This.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have only even lived on the Southside since being in SEQld. I know a few gay people out Redcliffe/Kalangar way and they have never had any issues. Only suburb I know personally is Ascot because I work there. I wouldnt want to live there personally, some of the people I deal with are fine with me being gay but others dont, but you get that anywhere.

I will ask my gf tomorrow as she grew up on the northside (kelvin grove ect) and see what she has to say about the areas.