+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpottySocks View Post
    Or just hold onto the drink, pretend to take the occasional sip with out really drinking any, tip out as and when you can, put down your drink and pick up someone else's empty glass etc.
    I Love your sneakyness

Thanks
    Reviews
    In How I Met your Mother, Lily was pregnant and kept getting shots. She was swapping them with her Hubby. He got pretty messy but she fooled everyone.

I drink scotch and coke so I would just have coke and have the scotch bottle on the bench at the time for show.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I drank lime and soda and got a line wedge put in it in a tall glass, or I asked for an orange juice with a little raspberry cordial in it which everyone thought was a tequila sunrise

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    personally I would just tell the friend making the drinks that I am pregnant and ask them to keep it a secret. This is alot easier then having to make up excuses and pretend to be drinking.

the friend can then make you mocktails so everyone else thinks you are drinking alcohol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If you don't mind telling someone, then having a partner in crime definitely helps.

Otherwise, maybe you could get DH/ DP to make you drinks? So, for the first one you could 'knock it over' and he can jump up and immediately get you another one. Then you could take fake sips of the next one, and then ditch it somewhere. Taking your drink to the loo is an easy way of doing that.

Also, if you're the 'life and soul' and you're the one jumping up and demanding another round, and getting the birthday girl to do shots, then often people don't notice that you're fake drinking! (I have done this...)

You could also claim that you're not feeling 100% but REALLY wanted to be there, and that you will be drinking (yeah right), but not going crazy as you've been so ill. Then one or two in (pretend in) you can say that they're really knocking you about and you'll switch to mocktails. Then you get friend points for being extra dedicated too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always used to tell people that I had a UTI and was on strong antibiotics.
    If I ever went to a bar, I'd let one of the bartenders in on my secret and he'd start making my mocktail as soon as I started walking to the bar.
    Is there any chance of you telling one of them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefooted View Post
    I Love your sneakyness
    Thankyou!

I'm a hopeless liar! Had to do this when I was pregnant with DD3, if I had said that I was on antibiotics my mum would have asked me for more info and she can always tell when I'm lying! But I did manage a family bridal shower and the actual wedding day without anyone guessing simply by pretending to drink!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha thanks for the ideas. DH won't be there as its all girls but I hve til one mate who is going but she won actually b making the drinks... I have a friend going who is also pregnant- 4 months along, so might have to tell her so she can slip me her non alcoholic versions

Thanks
    Reviews
    yep, I did nearly all of these! Didn't fool my boss in the end, but got me through the 12 weeks. I found that just having a drink in the hand all night got me through a lot of things, then I would go to the loo with it and tip a few inches out. Maybe you can be too hungover on the second night to even go near a drink!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went thru this just last weekend!
    I am 7 weeks and i was still waiting on blood results for confirmation. It was a birthday at a pub.
    DH and i swapped drinks all night. Someone would give me a beer and when DH was half way thru his, i'd swap it with his 1/2 empty and take fake sips infront of ppl. By the end of the night he got way too drunk as he was drinking for two so he would take a glass of beer "to the TAB or another room" and "leave it" there".
    I also walked around with an empty beer can filled with soda water.
    I actually went the entire night withtout alcohol whatsoever....it worked!
    My sister did question why dh was so drunk when he had just as many drinks as we did......i ended up telling her and she was amazed, she didnt notice a thing all night!

Goodluck. One drink wont hurt if u happen to slip up as it's so early. But i wanted to see if i could go the whole night without even a sip of alcohol without anyone noticing and i did it! haha.