+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have hair in my childhood photo album of some of my haircuts from the first til 4yrs. It's cool to see my hair went from black to almost white I a sandy blonde.

I've kept some hair from all of DSs haircuts, put it in a sandwich bag with the date and then into his little first year book

Thanks
    Reviews
    When DD had her first haircut the hairdresser printed out a lovely certificate and when I got home I laminated it with the hair placed on it. The certificate is now on DD bedroom door along with her growth chart.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, I forgot. There should be some in the vacuum still though...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep, stuck it in his baby memories book

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, for both boys. They each have a memory box. I've tied them with a little ribbon and popped them into a ziploc bag.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm, DD needs her first haircut soon so we'll see! Mum kept mine.

Hope you dont mind if I hijack and ask how much a baby's haircut costs? Wouldnt be more than about $10 surely? all DD needs is a fringe trim to stop it getting in her eyes.

and did your LO's struggle or did they sit still?

drewid is offline Meet the amazing boy who falls asleep with a sandwich in his mouth!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have some of DS's baby curls in a ziplock bag inside his baby photo album. Love those curls! And I am one of those weirdos who has kept the teeth too - only 3 so far, and they are tucked into a box in the bottom of one of my drawers. I just felt a bit weird about throwing them out, but I will eventually. They aren't a keepsake, just a 'not sure about this yet' thing! lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did, and will for my next baby. They're in their scrapbooks, in a little ziplock bag. My mum kept one tooth and a lock of hair from her kids, and every fingerpainting and tiny scribble we ever did. Some would say it's excessive or weird, but when the doctors hand you your firstborn in hospital and tell you to "take him home, he's going to die." it may influence your decisions a little.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by soccer mum View Post
    Hmmm, DD needs her first haircut soon so we'll see! Mum kept mine.

Hope you dont mind if I hijack and ask how much a baby's haircut costs? Wouldnt be more than about $10 surely? all DD needs is a fringe trim to stop it getting in her eyes.

and did your LO's struggle or did they sit still?
    It cost me $10. They had a special stool with like a car attached that they sit in, so DD was good sitting still as she just played with the steering wheel. I did take food just in case I had to bribe her, but didn't need it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds1 was 14mths when he got his first cut. I kept his hair and it's safely stored in his little pewter box.