+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default tell me everything about the sunshine coast!

DH is thinking of moving us all up there for a year to take over a company.

The job is in Kawanna waters?

I have 3 kids , 2 at school.
    I currently pay $950 a week in rent.

so where is nice? where are good schools?

I am so nervous..

Mod-biscotti is online now Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Kawana Waters is a canal estate, and like any areas, there are good streets and not so good.
    Canal frontage is the dearest for rent and probably comparable with what you pay now (but I am going on Noosa prices which is where I live!), non waterfront is less or you could live in any of the other better areas for what you are paying in Sydney or less.

I am not a real fan of that other end of the coast, I love it here in leafy laid back Noosa (no traffic lights), driving always seems so frantic down the other end

Coolum or Peregian Beach (not Peregian Springs) have a nice village atmosphere and would be a 30/40min commute at busy times.

Buderim has some stunning views and would be less driving time for your DH.

Best schools imo are Mathew Flinders and St Andrews or if you are catholic, Stella Maris.
    Last edited by Mod-biscotti; 09-05-2012 at 17:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ohh thank you!
    I dont like the canal area...

I am going to look at buderim..I am a fan of older style houses not new ones..and real estate is not giving me much choice.!

Mod-biscotti is online now Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Buderim is really nice, lovely "high street" as my mum calls it. And not too far from the Plaza (Myer etc, no DJ's but coming soon)

The Sunshine Coast though is a relatively new area and there are not many older style homes around, there are some but they might be harder to find!

Good luck,let me know if you need anything

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I live in Kawana pm me any questions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    but as a Pp said no real old old homes on the coast like in sydney

personally after living in Brisbane other than the lovely beaches etc I'm disliking the coast haha limited shops, absolutely no jobs ( sisters 17 an has been job searching like crazy for 8 months an nothing) and I know Many people like this. and I hate driving 20 to a big shopping centre hahaha but that's me after living in Brisbane.

I however went to high school here and enjoyed the school

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Omg i hope you do come up. Means i can finally meet my wifey

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I've lived on the coast almost all my life. Feel free to PM me any questions and I'll try to help!

Personally I love it here. It's laid back and relaxed. The beaches are beautiful, lots of lovely parks. If you want bigger, better shopping the drive to Brisbane isn't too much for a day trip.

Thanks
    Reviews
    there are some lovely houses in Nambour and Nambour primary and high school is lovely.You would only be about 15 mins from the beach

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by fichicken View Post
    there are some lovely houses in Nambour and Nambour primary and high school is lovely.You would only be about 15 mins from the beach
    oh yea old houses up that way just thought the 40 min commute may be a bit too much for her DH. I know when I was going up to the hospital everyday it was a shocking drive haha but may not be an issue if from
    Sydneys traffic