+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I couldn't read and not post
    How stressful for you and your partner
    I get coldsores on my face and they are so painful and make me feel so unwell. Definitely give your son paracetamol every 4-6 hours and I would also give nurofen every 6 hours as well.

I have never heard of herpes virus being genetic. I got it as a tiny baby from my mum who had an active outbreak at the time.

Good luck with the results, I hope its not herpes

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaC For This Useful Post:

Ella72  (10-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am thinking that it's possible the doctor has gotten it confused with school sores or impetigo also as a PP suggested. DD had them in her nappy area when she was around 2 and the blisters do look similar to herpes. They are a contagious bacterial infection and will keep spreading until prescribed with some antibiotics or ointment. Maybe get a second opinion.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to inertia For This Useful Post:

Ella72  (10-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ella72 View Post
    Neither of us has ever had any signs of genital warts.
    Genital warts are not a symptom of Herpes, it is a low strain of the Human Pap Virus, so don't worry about looking for those

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hope it all works out Op, but just thought it worth mentioning that a hpv2 infection in a child can be a child protection issue.

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    on the weekend i posted about ulcers in the mouth of a 2 yr old... my duaghter. well the doc told me she has herpes the coldsore one (sorry i cant remember what one that is) and i cant remember if i have had them in the past. my partner said he hasnt. the doc we sore didnt really help much just told us that and its contagious. but no one else in our family has caught it (our son or DP or me) so i dont know whats going on there. she couldnt eat for days, and cried non stop. she is getting better now. its the 2nd time this has happened last time she ended up in hospital.

i can relate to what your feeling and going thro. i really hope little one will be ok, and i hope the doc in the long run is wrong. if not when your little one gets older can live a almost norm life, and might not have any outbreaks. (my good friend has it, she lives in syd and hasnt had a outbreak fr yrs) and you never know by then they might have a cure.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonkers For This Useful Post:

Ella72  (10-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by inertia View Post
    I am thinking that it's possible the doctor has gotten it confused with school sores or impetigo also as a PP suggested. DD had them in her nappy area when she was around 2 and the blisters do look similar to herpes. They are a contagious bacterial infection and will keep spreading until prescribed with some antibiotics or ointment. Maybe get a second opinion.
    I agree with this. I caught impetigo (school sores) and had a sore on my bottom! The GP said it looks like herpes but I was sure it was impetigo. I got him to prescribe an antibiotic cream to use while waiting for the result and I was right! It was suggested that I got it from my DH who gets very occasional cold sores that dont even break out to open wounds. GP's are not always right, this is only his/her suspicion.

Good luck! My first thought when I read your post was that I didn't think it was herpes, I hope I'm right!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackinabox For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (10-05-2012)

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackinabox View Post
    I agree with this. I caught impetigo (school sores) and had a sore on my bottom! The GP said it looks like herpes but I was sure it was impetigo. I got him to prescribe an antibiotic cream to use while waiting for the result and I was right! It was suggested that I got it from my DH who gets very occasional cold sores that dont even break out to open wounds. GP's are not always right, this is only his/her suspicion.

Good luck! My first thought when I read your post was that I didn't think it was herpes, I hope I'm right!
    well i hope mab this is what my daughter keeps breaking out in to then. coz he ulcers look nothing like coldsores in the mouth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wantmore View Post
    Has he got sores anywhere else only asking cause herpes and school sores look the same? My daughter got school sore and the first doctor told me it was herpes. I freaked they spread so it might be that?
    Good Morning,
    He has no sores anywhere else. This morning his doodle (as he calls it) has new raised blisters on the end. Raised and red. We have booked him into a new doctor this morning.
    Thanks for the post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaC View Post
    I couldn't read and not post
    How stressful for you and your partner
    I get coldsores on my face and they are so painful and make me feel so unwell. Definitely give your son paracetamol every 4-6 hours and I would also give nurofen every 6 hours as well.

I have never heard of herpes virus being genetic. I got it as a tiny baby from my mum who had an active outbreak at the time.

Good luck with the results, I hope its not herpes
    Thank you!! I feel for you. The GP didn't even suggest pain relief.
    His blisters are worse this morning and are now on the end of his doodle (as he calls it). We are taking him to a different GP this morning.
    Thanks again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bada View Post
    Hope it all works out Op, but just thought it worth mentioning that a hpv2 infection in a child can be a child protection issue.
    Don't think this hasn't crossed our minds. The only people who have access to our twins are me, my husband, my mum and the childcare centre.
    Thank you for addressing this.