+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by singlemumma82 View Post
    Sorry but no, if he does have it get him on antiviral medication straight away and keep up with pain relief.

Cortisone creams will not help HPV.
    Thanks for posting.
    We have to wait one week for results of the swabs so the GP will not prescribe anything until then.
    She too said no cortisone cream, which is what I was using in alternation with Bepanthen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ella72 View Post
    Thanks for posting.
    We have to wait one week for results of the swabs so the GP will not prescribe anything until then.
    She too said no cortisone cream, which is what I was using in alternation with Bepanthen.
    Fingers crossed it is simply a bad allergy then, have you changed wipes or nappies or anything that comes in contact with him in that region?

My doctor was happy to prescribe the medication straight away as the sooner you get the meds into you the sooner it begins to heal.

Can you perhaps get a second opinion? And if they too suggest herpes demand the medications. If it is your poor man would be in a bit of pain, especially trapped in nappies all day. TMI but wearing pads with AF was agonising as every time I moved it ripped the top of the blister off as they kept sticking, I can't imagine how a nappy would feel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the info, I truly appreciate it.

My husband, who suffers from depression, went to bed early as he is devastated he thinks he has infected his only son . I have tried to reassure him not to jump to conclusions. I am still confused. Lets say our son has genital herpes, is it true that even though his father has only ever had cold sores, he could have genetically inherited herpes from him?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the info, I truly appreciate it.

My husband, who suffers from depression, went to bed early as he is devastated he thinks he has infected his only son . I have tried to reassure him not to jump to conclusions. I am still confused. Lets say our son has genital herpes, is it true that even though his father has only ever had cold sores, he could have genetically inherited herpes from him?
    No, herpes are transferred through contact with the virus, it's not genetic. Unfortunately if your DP had touched a blister before changing a nappy it could transfer, alternatively it is transferred through either direct contact with a blister or through viral shedding where it comes out in skin cells and saliva. But again, it needs to come into direct contact with the area infected.

Thanks
    Reviews

6. The Following User Says Thank You to singlemumma82 For This Useful Post:

Ella72  (09-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers crossed it is simply a bad allergy then, have you changed wipes or nappies or anything that comes in contact with him in that region?

My doctor was happy to prescribe the medication straight away as the sooner you get the meds into you the sooner it begins to heal.

Can you perhaps get a second opinion? And if they too suggest herpes demand the medications. If it is your poor man would be in a bit of pain, especially trapped in nappies all day. TMI but wearing pads with AF was agonising as every time I moved it ripped the top of the blister off as they kept sticking, I can't imagine how a nappy would feel
    No changes in any area. No new nappies, wipes, foods etc.

I am thinking about getting a second opinion, especially now I have had time to stew on it for a while.
    I know he is in pain/discomfort, every time we change a nappy he says 'sore, sore'. It breaks my heart. It is freezing here in Tassie but we even took him for a dip in the sea the other day.

Thanks again

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, herpes are transferred through contact with the virus, it's not genetic. Unfortunately if your DP had touched a blister before changing a nappy it could transfer, alternatively it is transferred through either direct contact with a blister or through viral shedding where it comes out in skin cells and saliva. But again, it needs to come into direct contact with the area infected.
    This is why I am confused, the GP was adamant it can be inherited from a parent and lay dormant until the immune system is weekended etc. DH has not had a cold sore or any other blister in over 5 years. He never kisses either twin on the lips. I think perhaps we should both be tested now or when we get our sons results.

Thanks for the link, I will have a read.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No changes in any area. No new nappies, wipes, foods etc.

I am thinking about getting a second opinion, especially now I have had time to stew on it for a while.
    I know he is in pain/discomfort, every time we change a nappy he says 'sore, sore'. It breaks my heart. It is freezing here in Tassie but we even took him for a dip in the sea the other day.

Thanks again
    Poor thing keep up with panadol every 6 hours (I think that's right, my DD is older so unsure) and try warm salt baths at home.

I would definitely get a second opinion and as suggested demand the medications, they heal the blisters within a few days. And either way I'm sure an antiviral couldn't do too much harm if it isn't actual herpes but some other reaction.

My DD gets a rash similar to chicken pox after going in a spa, it has my doctor puzzled as to what it is exactly but she still gives her an antiviral to help quicken recovery and lessen the pain.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to singlemumma82 For This Useful Post:

Ella72  (09-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and also, do not use normal coldsore creams in the genital area, im unsure why but my doctor advised against it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to singlemumma82 For This Useful Post:

Ella72  (09-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has he got sores anywhere else only asking cause herpes and school sores look the same? My daughter got school sore and the first doctor told me it was herpes. I freaked they spread so it might be that?