+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy HERPES - One of Our 2 1/2 Year Old Twins ???!!!!!- HELP!!!!!

Hi There,

Excuse if the typing gets a little sparodic, I am a little confused and anxious.

We have 2 1/2 year old twins, a boy and a girl. Our son developed what we initially thought was nappy rash about 1 week ago. We have been fortnaute for him to not have had this before so treated it the way we have treated our daughter in the past. He is getting over a cold so we thought the two were linked. The rash did not get better so off to the doctor today who told us it lookes like he has Herpes!! She took 2 swabs and we get the results in a week. That is so long to wait. She told us he may have been infected genetically by his father who has had cold sores in the past but not for over 5 years. I have read what I can about herpes but am confused. I understand the main 2 types are HSV 1 and HSV 2. If my husband has HSV 1 which is mainly a cold sore infection, can this be inherited by our son in the form of HSV 2? Which is the genital form.
    Neither of us has ever had any signs of genital warts.
    Has anyone experienced this and what information can you give us?
    Should it turn out to be herpes I would imagine we have a tricky situation to deal with when he gets older.
    Where else could he have got it from? His child care teacher kisses both our children on the lips, something we have NEVER been comfortable with but have not addressed. We certainly will now!!

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    HPV2 (genital herpes) is carried by 1 in 4 people in Australia. 1 in of those 10 actually know they have herpes. GH often displays no signs or symptoms not even lesions or sores (whatever you want to call them) You can carry the virus for years without knowing. Stress, colds, immune system drops are the few times most carriers will get sores or bumps come up. Honestly there is a large chance you or your hubby have HPV2 and just don't display symptoms but the same can be said about thousands of people.

If your bubba has HPV2 yes he'll have some issues when he's older, but again so will thousands of kids in his generation having contract herpes as infants from their mums who in turn don't know they have it. As far as I can see it, by the time our kids are our age it won't be 1 in 4 it will be 1 in 2 have HPV2!

Living with it is not hard as an adult. Coming to terms with it is hard. In this situation try not to think too far ahead without the confirmation that you have anything to worry about. You will only worry yourself into a headache. If he does have HPV2 it might be some comfort to you knowing that the rash is probably not painful (as much as it looks it) but it's probably itching like hell. Try some cortisone cream.

But what I'd be dealing with right now is the fact your childcare teacher kisses your kids on the lips...what the heck! :what: how have you not pulled her up on that?!!!? That just screams wrong, way out of bounds and totally immoral personally and professionally!

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You can get hsv1 or 2 as genital herpes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    HPV1, the coldsore virus can be transferred to the genital area and there does not have to be any lesion present to be contagious through viral shedding.

HPV2 is actually becoming a lot less common these days as the rise in oral se.x rises HPV1 is taking over as the dominant strain.

I caught HPV1 genitally last year from my ex when he insisted on going down on me when I was extremely sick (he was high and didn't take no for an answer).

There are medications available which can be taken daily to prevent out breaks and viral shedding and although he may have issues as he gets older with the right support an treatment he will be fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkplease3 View Post
    If he does have HPV2 it might be some comfort to you knowing that the rash is probably not painful (as much as it looks it) but it's probably itching like hell. Try some cortisone cream.
    Sorry but no, if he does have it get him on antiviral medication straight away and keep up with pain relief.

I was bedridden for a week with my first outbreak.

Salt baths and airing out the area can help them heal quicker but he will need antiviral medications as well.

Cortisone creams will not help HPV.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by singlemumma82 View Post

Cortisone creams will not help HPV.
    What? I never said cortisone cream would heal it, I personally find it just helps with any itching. Not every HPV carrier is 'bed ridden' most don't even notice any pain and many women pass it off as bad thrush. I'm not saying it's painless for everyone, what I said was he's probably not in pain ie. its UNLIKELY he's in a great deal of pain if any at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What? I never said cortisone cream would heal it, I personally find it just helps with any itching. Not every HPV carrier is 'bed ridden' most don't even notice any pain and many women pass it off as bad thrush. I'm not saying it's painless for everyone, what I said was he's probably not in pain ie. its UNLIKELY he's in a great deal of pain if any at all.

Sorry in my first outbreak I had over 10 blisters inside and out and could not walk, didn't help I had AF as well so all I could do was lie in bed with my legs spread, I get itchy before the blisters but once I get the blisters it is agonising, whether it be one or 10.

I now take the antiviral twice a day and haven't had an outbreak since, I was having one a month from my first outbreak till starting the medications.

Everyone is different I suppose but my doctor never advised using creams down there with an outbreak.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    http://herpes.com.au/ contact them!! You will get clear correct support and advice!!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happygirl1982 For This Useful Post:

Ella72  (09-05-2012),singlemumma82  (09-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    try not to worry too much aout it until it is confimred as HPV.
    I was told my child had it a yr or two ago as she had a rash on her arm apparently consistant with a herpes type rash- they swabbed it- gave me the we think she has a form of herpes speech- test came back inconclusive- then I realised the rash was actually an allergic reaction to latex... Drs were sure it was herpes!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MommaBear For This Useful Post:

Ella72  (09-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    But what I'd be dealing with right now is the fact your childcare teacher kisses your kids on the lips...what the heck! :what: how have you not pulled her up on that?!!!? That just screams wrong, way out of bounds and totally immoral personally and professionally!
    Thank you for taking the time to reply.
    We have not addressed the childcare worker kissing our children like that, stupidly because neither of us know how to say it without being rude. We both suffer from anxiety and have difficulty in expressing our concerns. We live in a very small town with only 1 child care centre. Obviously after today's visit to the GP, my children come first and I will be taking it up with her on Friday no matter how uncomfortable it makes me feel.