+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default So much for the privacy laws!

I found out today that to make myself an authority on the power account that is in dhs name all I have to do is send a fax to the power company with his details on it and ask that I be put down as an authorized person on the account and the power company just trust that the account holder sent it :O
    We had a power guy turn up yesterday to do a final reading and lucky dh was home and he told the guy they have it wrong and we are not moving. Another person has opened an account at our address and it has overridden our account and closed it. Dh rang the power company straight away to tell them of the mistake but it seems it has not been corrected and now we have to get our account reinstated.
    What bothers me is this is the sort of stuff that allows bad people to harass others like in relationships gone sour, some one can access your account and you might not even know unless you asked for details on phone calls logged thru their system.
    Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    chrisco offered for me to change my boyfriends order over the phone :O im not authorised, just answered his phone! Crazy, this is money we're talking about

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've had a kind of similar situation to your account being overridden. I got a bill from iinet for a new connection at a house I hadn't lived at for almost 5 years. I received overdue bill after bill then finally a letter re legal action as the account was outstanding despite calling then after each bill was received and bring assured each time the issue was resolved

someone had moved into the house, connected their internet and iinet obviously didn't check their details, just reconnected it under my name...I don't understand how they couldn't check such vital details

Sent from my HTC Liberty using BubHub