+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I think Dr Phil said it about SAHMs with three children when dealing with lazy husbands, WCM I'd have to agree when you compare it to a childless person or somebody who works and comes home with little/nothing to do with the housework and children.

I've also read that working mums work the equiv of 2 fulltime jobs as our traditional duties aren't like men's - they can't be done at our leisure (such as mowing the lawn on a Sunday morning), dinners need to be cooked daily etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I think it is equivilent to 2 full time jobs, but working mums are doing 2 full time jobs too. They work 40 hours a week then come home and work another 'shift' at home. Different but the same workload.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I think it is equivilent to 2 full time jobs, but working mums are doing 2 full time jobs too. They work 40 hours a week then come home and work another 'shift' at home. Different but the same workload.
    Yup. When I compare my life as a SAHM to now working mum there's more similarities than differences.

I'm still not earning much lol, always on night duty, cook the dinners and do the majority of cleaning. Not much changes.

I absolutely agree with Dr Phil when husbands complain that their wives are lazy or whatever and they have 3+ children who they are caring for day in and day out - if he's working a corporate 9-5 job sure it may be mentally draining at times, but he gets to sleep at night and clock off at 5 (note: I'm talking about the slackers in general, not all men - my DP doesn't clock off at 5).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chin up put bub in her cot and have a shower 5 mins won't hurt her make sure you have a good night do you go to playgroup with your dd I have 3 kids ages 2,3,6 and my dh does squash football goes to the gym work 5-6 days a week and he also dj's on Friday and Saturday nights so I know how you feel I take my kids playgroup once a week and it's great the kids play and I get to have an adult conversation for once other than just talking to dh