+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default I want to kill my husband!!!!

Im so sick of being stuck in these four walls! I have a 11month dd who has been driving me up the wall for weeks now.
    It ****es me off that my husband comes home from work gets to play with her for an hour and then shes off to bed and he gets to relax! It ****es me off that im washing the dishes every Friggen morning because his excuse not to do it is he doesn't want to wake up the baby. It ****es me off that on the rare saturday that I get to sleep in, as soon as I get up he palms her off to me. it ****es me off that if he deals with her whinging for 5 mins life is too hard! It ****es me off that every weekend he has things to do around the house or at his brothers house. It ****es me off that every weekend I loom forward to some help and family time but I get stuck doing everything while he mowes the lawn. It ****es me off that I am now looking forward to going back to work when I know that I will regret it when I go back. It ****es me off that I can't enjoy my daughter because im so stressed out that I just keep wishing I could mow the lawns or clean the gutters or fix the car. It ****es me off that because im in a bad mood I can feel my husband tip toeing around me which ****es me off more....
    All I asked for today was to have a shower so I can meet up with friends that I haven't seen in 6 months for a drink that I haven't had in 11 months!
    It's 2pm and still no shower and baby wont sleep and husband is mowing his darling lawn!!!!!
    I know he is not sitting on his *** so he always throws that in my face but he doesn't understand.... if I could just get a couple of hours to myself I wouldn't be so angry and will be recharged to face another day. ...
    Anyone with me?

Sent from my MotoA953 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe just sit him down calmly for a talk and tell him how you feel?
    Cool calm and collected always works for me?
    Good luck xxx

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    yes, absolutely. I feel the same. Some days worse than others. What a charmed life husbands lead eh?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Studies have shown that being a SAHM is the equivalent of working TWO full time jobs.

Sit down and tell him how you are feeling or write him a letter if you are too angry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    How about just saying to him 'I'm having a break while you take the baby' and go take a break, don't ask.
    Perhaps you could take over and mow the lawn, just say 'I'll mow teh lawn today' and go do it. Sometimes my DH will spend ages outside mowing/gardening because he thinks he is helping but sometimes i would rather he just entertain the kids so i could go garden (alone) or do something kid-free - so i just tell him this and then he is happy for me do it.
    If you feel stuck between the same 4 walls why not just go out, take bub with you and go to the park or go for a walk. I get cabin fever too if i spend too much time at home but a simple outing can really refresh me.
    Why don't you both wash the dishes at night? One to wash, one to dry.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (09-05-2012),tatia&shura  (09-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Oh yes MothersMilk, I so agree. I would seriously love to be doing the garden if it means I had some rare peace lol.

I also agree, you're a grown adult who would like to see her friends. He is a presumably capable adult who can look after baby while you do so. Just tell him on X day I'm going to see my friends, I'll need you to be available between the hours of X and X.

It works very much like that in our house for us BOTH, we both let each other know in advance when one needs to go out so the other is available to watch DS. It works for us and we're both equally happy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Make him get up early to mow his lawns while you tend to the house. Have a shower, leave him with bub and just go out with friends for a few hours. Don't let him make any excuses, just go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just want to cry! Im sick of feeling guilty! I feel so guilty about going out tonight! I feel guilty about going back to work! I feel guilty if I haven't cooked! I feel guilty about screaming at my daughter! I feel guilty about not wanting to dtd! Arrgghhh!
    If we talk about it he gets all sarcastic on me! 'Well sorry im not a slob' 'fine ill just sit on my ***'t

Sent from my MotoA953 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I agree with mothermilk. Just tell him, I need a break, I'm going to have a bath then go shopping. I used to feel resentful at DH for all the same reasons until I realised I had to spell it out and not feel guilty for wanting a break. DH says ok babe and I do something for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    ((hugs))

Maybe if you can't tell him, write it all down exactly as in your op and give it too him.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveyDovey View Post

Studies have shown that being a SAHM is the equivalent of working TWO full time jobs.

Sit down and tell him how you are feeling or write him a letter if you are too angry.
    I agree with the letter, but I'd like a link to these studies