+ Reply to Thread
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Would you mention this to the kindy teacher?

DD1 has been doing really well at 4yo kindy but lately has mentioned a couple of incidents where another child (M) has been bossing the kids around, telling them what they have to do in whatever game they are playing. M is one of the oldest in the class and quite tall, and she's a strongwilled little kid (I had a face-off with her when I was doing parent helper)

So DD1 and i have talked about how she doesn't have to do what M says unless its all good fun, and she can leave when it stops being fun.

So yesterday in the bath I saw three big scrapes on DD1's arm. She tells me that M grabbed her to stop her leaving the tree house. It was hard enough to graze the skin, so there are a couple of dots of blood, she must have dug her nails right in.

I'm very tempted to just chat the teachers about it but i don't want to make a fuss. DD1 and I have talked about how its wrong to hurt other children.

WWYD?

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    talk to the teachers, they obviously arnt watching to closely and dont notice.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonkers For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (09-05-2012)

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    talk to the teachers - this sounds like bullying which starts much younger than most people realise.

I have recently had to learn about this at uni, and the research shows that speaking to the bully usually doesnt help, its the by standers (other kids and teachers) that can prevent bullying so I totally think that you should discuss this with the teacher so they can try to keep an eye on your child especially if playing with this other little girl.

It's all about the people who witness and see the bullying, they are the ones who can stop it. Hopefully other kids might not be bullied by this kid as well now they are keeping an eye out for it.

Good luck - feel for your poor little kid.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ulysses For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (09-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes definitely talk to the teachers.
    I had to talk to my DD1s kindy teacher last week as every day DD1 has come home saying that the same girl is hurting her or teasing her.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (09-05-2012)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    OK everyone agrees that its grounds for talking to the teacher, that makes me feel better, I'm not making a fuss then

ulysses thanks for you concern DD1 seems to have taken it quite calmly, yes i don't think this kid is bullying as such but she is definitely trying to dominate the other kids and enforcing her authority. Possibly the start of bullying tactics, but I won't approach it that way with the teachers.