+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DH is my soul mate.
    We know how lucky we are to have found eachother
    Having DH in my life changed my mind about what would be a deal breaker. Now, I'd be willing to work through anything to be together. But a big part of what makes me feel comfortable saying that is the fact that I know we both cherish what we have and wouldn't willingly do anything to jeopardize that.

My mum and dad are soul mates, but they honestly just couldn't get their s*%t together well enough to be together and be happy. So even tho they are not together, they are still soul mates

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OJandMe View Post
    I'll quote Tim Minchin on this one....

If I didn't have you I'd probably have somebody else.

Tim says it best

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaC For This Useful Post:

OJandMe  (10-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I agree with Ana. It's all about the different lessons we need to learn too. People will come and go from your life adding to your life experiences, connections and lessons.
    I got told by a psychic awhile ago that I would meet my higher level soulmate for this lifetime after my last relationship ended, my last partner was a soulmate too but not one that was meant to hang around. Everything she said has so far been accurate, it's a little spooky tbh. But there is an unspeakable connection between my current dp and I. It's not about being similar to someone either like I thought so myself in the past. My dp & I are quite different. It's hard to put into words but we just 'click' and understand each other. Weird little things too like I will often have a song stuck in my head when he is not around and then when I see him next he will start singing that song out of the blue (he likes to sing ) and they aren't main****** songs that you'd hear on the radio either.
    FOB was definitely not a soulmate however, even though we had 2 kids together. He was a big lesson though, a very significant one in my life.
    Last edited by Sairz; 10-05-2012 at 06:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoopuf View Post

Arrrgggh. It's so hard to explain. When I met him, he was fundamentally a stranger. But I KNEW him instantly, and he me.

They are like two pieces to the puzzle that I didn't even know were missing until I found them. It makes me wonder how many more pieces there are.
    I know exactly what you mean that's how I'd explain it too.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    I personally dont think that a soul mate has to be someone you date. I believe that you can find a soul mate in a friendship....if you're lucky.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I believe pets can be soulmates too my old cat and I had a strong connection, I've never had a connection with an animal like I did with him. I think he was my companion in many past lives.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sairz For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (10-05-2012)

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    "Soul mates" are a load of crap.

Relationships that last the distance are based on honesty, truth, mutual understanding, shared goals, give and take and good negotiatian skills. Knowing how to have fair and reasonable arguments and seeing things from the others perspective is also important.

The best relationships don't just happen because of some airy fairy notion of connection. They take work.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Opinionated For This Useful Post:

onionskin  (10-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Opinionated View Post
    "Soul mates" are a load of crap.

Relationships that last the distance are based on honesty, truth, mutual understanding, shared goals, give and take and good negotiatian skills. Knowing how to have fair and reasonable arguments and seeing things from the others perspective is also important.

The best relationships don't just happen because of some airy fairy notion of connection. They take work.

I am with opinionated on this one, might be unromantic but it is just how I feel. It is kind of like a Hallmark expression, great for cards not much else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's possible
    My PIL have been divorced for over a decade, but they are still the very best of friends to this day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    But what's the difference between a soul mate and someone with whom you have a really special connection?

To me, 'soul mate' implies some sort of cosmic plan, in a 'meant to be' way. Which I don't believe in.

I totally believe you can have a connection to someone that is quite unique. But to me, that doesn't mean 'soul mate'.

Are we arguing semantics, or do the people who believe in soul mates believe in a cosmic/ divine plan that they were meant to be together?