+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Is this just a normal phase?

My son will be 5 months in a couple of weeks, and as of late when i am feeding him the bottle he is biting down on it, screwing up his nose at it, trying to pull it out, push it back in, he doesnt know what he wants to do with it! Its driving me mental because he will only drink 50ml if that at every feed because he is too busy playing with it!! The only time he will drink anywhere between 120-150ml ( which is a decent feed ) is at night time when he wakes up for his feed! ( He will only wake up once or twice for this feed btw ) Im worried he is not getting enough because he is being fussy and too busy playing! Is this just a phase babies go through? Is it normal for them to go off their food every now and again? The LO is 8kg so hes a big boy for his age, im not too worried so to speak about him going off his food, but its been for the past 4-5 days he has been doing this.

Has anyone else had this issue before????????????????????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep happened to us every time just before a tooth would pop thru. They loved chomping on the rubber.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wigglemum View Post
    Yep happened to us every time just before a tooth would pop thru. They loved chomping on the rubber.
    Did you go through all the other things my little one is doing aswell? Or was it just the chomping down on the rubber? Im hoping he stops bloody playing with it and drinks his milk! then he can play haha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My baby is exactly the same age as yours and she is on the boob. She is doing all the same stuff yours is and I think it is simply distraction due to the stage in development (really aware of stuff now and very very nosy). My bub is tiny only about 5.5kg and I'm not concerned at all..... because.....
    My last bub did it at the same age and was fine! (small baby also)

I flipped out with my last bub and worried and stressed and rang the ABA to get advice etc etc. She was just perfectly fine.

Next thing I knew, she was 6 months and starting solids and there is all new interest at feeding time then.

I'm not sure how it is managed with bottle feeding, but I just offer the boob frequently and just let her do whatever she wants with it. I don't press the issue - I know she'll be fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes we had everything, playing, pulling off, small sucks, interested then not interested. It's just a phase. A frustrating one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha a very frustrating one!!

Thanks so much ladies. X

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Brandnewbeginnings For This Useful Post:

wigglemum  (09-05-2012)