+ Reply to Thread
    bgbgbb is offline To think, I was only going to have 1 child!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Yet another one of my children with a diagnosis

Yesterday we got the diagnosis that my 8yo beautiful girl has Aspergers. We were suspecting it for awhile, but it's still hard to hear when it's formalised.

It's not that we're new to all of this. When DS1 was 4 he got an autism diagnosis, that was reverted to Severe Language Disorder and ADHD recently. And DS2 got diagnosed with combined type ADHD last year.

I know the ropes, I know where to go for help. But it still hurts knowing that yet another one of my children is not going to have an easy life. Dare I complain, it means more work for me, driving around to therapists, dealing with teachers who would rather have any child other than yours in their class, being spurned by other parents who dread the thought of their precious son or daughter playing with a child with a disability. Also, having to explain to relatives that no, it's not anything I did, this is something my child was born with (but they'll still criticise me behind my back regardless).

I know DD2 is fine, but then there are the twins. They are boys. They are at high risk for inheriting my husband's ADHD & dyslexia or his brother's Aspergers. How many more times will i have to walk down this path?

Sometimes I wish I could just run away and SCREAM!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stay strong & big hugs.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 2Bboys For This Useful Post:

bgbgbb  (09-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big hugs, it's not your fault,

5. The Following User Says Thank You to daysta112 For This Useful Post:

bgbgbb  (09-05-2012)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Super hugs.

Its so painful, i'm sorry you and your family are going through this again, you're not alone. I have two with classic autism, the chance of my belly babe being on the spectrum is insanely high too.

Are u a part of any support groups?

Always here if u need a chat.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

bgbgbb  (21-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs to you and your family!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Momkey For This Useful Post:

bgbgbb  (10-05-2012)

bgbgbb is offline To think, I was only going to have 1 child!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    Super hugs.

Its so painful, i'm sorry you and your family are going through this again, you're not alone. I have two with classic autism, the chance of my belly babe being on the spectrum is insanely high too.

Are u a part of any support groups?

Always here if u need a chat.
    I have that same fear for my 2yo twins as well. I'm watching their development like a hawk!

I've tried to find support groups in the area, but the only one that's remotely local is for Aspergers children in their teens. Fortunately, there are a few mums at our school who have children on the spectrum, so although we don't get to have a formal chat, there is always someone to ask advise from when needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi to all,

I have a 2 year old boy on the spectrum. Is he a normal boy with autistic behaviour or an autistic boy with normal behaviour????? Its hard to know. He's very smart, and in most cases seems fairly "normal". His autism is invisable to the untrained eye. All they know is he's a little different, and doesn't talk. They all tell me he'll start soon. No, I don't think so. The way my boy is going, I'd say there is a huge chance he wont talk until he's a bout 4. There are so many times I feel defeated, so many times I feel sad and lost and don't know what the future will bring. I am told that any other children that I may have (I will) have a very high chance of having autism as well. Having asbergers myself, as much as I love my boy and I want more kids, I find it very difficult sometimes handling some situations.

I love being a mum, and I love helping my child, but sometimes I need help too, and I feel that it makes me a failure at that time. Stupid I know. But I'm up and down. Some days it doesn't matter what life throws at me, I'm optimistic and ready to take it on, other times, I can't cope. Knowing my Son faces the same sort of life and challanges I face and faced, makes me sad for him, and it makes me feel like "here we go again" My life all over again.

But just to look at it from a different point of view, I saw on the TV one day about a little boy who only had days to live. He was the same age and had the same name as my boy. I cried, and thanked God, it wasn't my boy, and I prayed for that little boy and for his family. Made me realise how silly I can be just worrying about a little difference in our lives.