+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd say it's your age, it can be tough to break into the rental market. Where i live it is super, super competitive and as said they will almost always choose and older couple with paying jobs (totally no offence to you guys). A lot of real estate agencies still think that 18 year olds will have parties and stuff.

Could you get your partners parents to apply for the house for you? I know that it wouldn't get you a rental record if you aren't on the lease, but perhaps you could do that and once you get a place and move in, they could try adding you to the lease? Def do a cover letter, and make sure you have everything you need (references if needed, payslips, bank statements all of that) and hand in a filled out application when you view the property. Sometimes they will just go with the first application that checks out.

Good luck! hope you get your house.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Being totally honest here. If I were reviewing your application I'd see it as you guys not assuming responsibility and I wouldn't want people who weren't prepared to do that living in my rental, for reasons beyond making rent. Not saying that's you at all, just how I'd view it if I were considering you as tenants without knowing you.

I think your best bet is to have your ILs apply for it, get it with you all on the lease and prove yourselves as tenants.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    As an agent I would only approve you if your in laws were on the lease as well ( as they are paying the rent ) also there is no way we would allow a home business unless it was council approved and relevant insurances were in place and the landlord consented ( very hard to do on an application!)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

tea&toast  (13-05-2012)