+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetseven View Post
    Ideally - outside onto the grass (near the fenceline), then cleanup with a hose.

When I was pregnant with DD1, I used to catch a bus to uni, and every time I would get off the bus (in the Myer Centre, Brisbane City) and then vomit into the nearest rubbish bin. I felt bad about it, but didn't know what else to do. (It was only a small amount - no more than a cup full - but I did feel sorry for the cleaner that would need to change the bin bag.)

I got a nasty bout of gastro once, and that is the only time I remember throwing up on a toilet. The gastro gave me diaroeah, but I was also newly pregnant and very sensitive to smells. Every time I went to the toilet, the smell of my own excrement would make me vomit. Therefore I would be sitting, perched as far back as I could on the toilet so that I could still poo into the toilet but there was room at the front to vomit into at the same time. It was a very unpleasant three weeks.

When my children have been unwell. I put towels down in the bath for them to sleep on. That way if they vomit during the night it stays in the bathtub.

Edit: I'm feeling like the odd one out because my answers dont match anyone elses.
    If it makes you feel better, I've vomited while going to the loo when I had gastro. I'd sit on the loo with a bucket on my lap, vomiting into it...lovely

Savingfishfromdrowning is offline If you can't change your fate, change your attitude
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    If it makes you feel better, I've vomited while going to the loo when I had gastro. I'd sit on the loo with a bucket on my lap, vomiting into it...lovely
    Yeah I've done that too. About the most unpleasant experience of my life! DH was at the door wanting to come in to make sure I was OK and I was yelling 'Do NOT come in here!!!'. Got to keep at least a trace of the mystery lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I kneel and vomit into toilet. My hubby thinks it's disgusting to vomit in toilet, he will always go outside and do it in the bush, I find that a bit weird.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stand and aim. Getting too close to toilet makes me feel worse and I hate the smell of chuck which usually sets me off for another round.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I use those handy hospital vomit bags ,still have a supply of them in the cars from my last pregnancy as I had hyperimesis for all 3 pregnancies and I vomited while driving ,shopping and anytime it was inconvenient lol
    I don't like the loo as it is not a good position if your constantly vomiting and gave me stomach cramps.
    I do remember with by last bub I had just given birth and was holding her while sitting up and just vomited on the floor in front of me leaning over bubs as there was no vomit bags in the room but ya know I just didn't care at the time lol
    Last edited by lulu 2; 10-05-2012 at 14:56.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetseven View Post
    I got a nasty bout of gastro once, and that is the only time I remember throwing up on a toilet. The gastro gave me diaroeah, but I was also newly pregnant and very sensitive to smells. Every time I went to the toilet, the smell of my own excrement would make me vomit. Therefore I would be sitting, perched as far back as I could on the toilet so that I could still poo into the toilet but there was room at the front to vomit into at the same time. It was a very unpleasant three weeks.

When my children have been unwell. I put towels down in the bath for them to sleep on. That way if they vomit during the night it stays in the bathtub.
    Wow I'm impressed by your dexterity! No way would i be able to do that! If I have gastro I perch on the loo with a bucket on my lap!

But if its only vomiting I squat in front - less mess and I find that being so close to the loo gets things over and done with more quickly lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I have a bowl specifically for vomiting. No way is my face going anywhere near a toilet bowl except in an emergency when I have no other choice
    As kids we all suffered from car sickness and had an orange bowl that lived in the car for pukey kids lol. One of my most vivid childhood memories. It usually worked but when we missed it was bad, like the day my sister vomited down between my Dad's back and his seat

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I stand to vomit... my DH thinks it's strange

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kneeling on the floor so I don't end up chucking on the floor, or if I'm really hungover or drunk with my arm on the seat and head on my arm, trying to keep so much body against the floor tiles or wall to keep cool. When pregnant with dd usually re bath cos I couldn't make the toilet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I kneel over the toilet bowl. I generally only vomit when I have gastro so it's bucket by the bed and I carry it with my incase I can't make it to the toilet on time...unless I'm sitting on the toilet and need to do both, then it is the bucket but I hate cleaning the bucket afterwards...gross!!
    Plus I vomit through my nose as well as my mouth and have to spend a good amount of time blowing my nose to get the chunks out, and then some of it generally goes down the back of my throat as well and I then have to force that up...it's easier to flush and have the vomit gone while I deal with that.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    aargh tmi areca! I'm off to chuck now