+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Kneel. Unless I can't make it to the kneeling position in time.

Sometimes I'll stand up in the middle of it to make it easier for it to come up (really gross and tmi but you were warned: since having my op, my spew doesn't come up like it does pre-op where it's all lubricated and liquidy. It comes up DRY and CHUNKY... it's gross and really hard to get up... so I stand because I somehow think it helps things along... lol).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jake's mum View Post
    Never into the toilet! That's where poo and pee goes, my face doesn't get close to there.

Into a bucket and DP cleans in after with detergent.

Saying that, when I was pregnant and threw up daily for a few weeks it was into the laundry trough when I didn't have time to run to get to the bucket. And DP cleaned that too...
    That's the reason I kneel infront of the loo. I find it really hard to vomit and looking into the bowl knowing what goes in there gets it all out. What a funny thread!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If im sick into a bucket sitting down where ever I am.
    When pregnant usually the bathroom basin because brushing my teeth would make me vomit.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If I knelt I'd feel my face was too close to the toilet for my liking.
    I stand, leaning over, bent down.

...And just when I thought Bub Hub was having a dull and boring night...

Thanks
    Reviews
    With morning sickness I would somehow end up on my knees, hugging the bowl or holding on for dear life.
    I always threw up a minimum of four times in a row, so I was down there for a while!

I know it's gross, but when you feel that terrible, there's no turning back.

Also forgot to add that I'm six foot so there is no way I could stand up. Plus my face doesn't go near the toilet cause of my height.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lol... Random

I stand with hands on my knees, I seem to always have a handy hair tie, which is good, cos I always forget about my glasses and catch them just before they dive into the dark side. Sadly, I would just have go sightless if I didn't have a free hand to catch them. There's no amount of cleaning for that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol - love the responses! I am a kneeler, and honestly I never thought there would be 'other ways' of doing it. TBH I hate vomiting into a bucket. Maybe cos the water dilutes it a bit and doesn't look quite as gross, not sure!

Next time I feel the urge, I am going to try standing up, just to compare.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cellent For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (09-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I vomit in two positions

Laying down (thanks alcohol)
    Or sitting up head over a bucket

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    Kneel. Unless I can't make it to the kneeling position in time.

Sometimes I'll stand up in the middle of it to make it easier for it to come up (really gross and tmi but you were warned: since having my op, my spew doesn't come up like it does pre-op where it's all lubricated and liquidy. It comes up DRY and CHUNKY... it's gross and really hard to get up... so I stand because I somehow think it helps things along... lol).
    OMG, I had those dry chunky spews for the first time when I was pregnant with DD! Yuck!! I had awful morning sickness with her and would sometimes chuck right after eating, so the food hadn't even started to digest, so there was no extra liquid (digestive juices) to help it along. So hard to get it all out. Blerghhh

To answer the OP, my usual style is to kneel on one knee. If I'm really sick I'll take a bucket to bed and lie in bed chucking into the bucket (I did that with my morning sickness most of the time).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Yeah pregnant I stopped throwing up on the toilet & I threw up in the bathroom sink, much more 'pleasant". If I have gastro though kneeling on the floor in front of the loo, reduce spread of nasty nasty germs. But pregnant because it was coming up first thing before I ate anything, I just tried to get some water down or id be painfully dry retching. But it's not like it was chunky, and I disinfected the sink after.
    Last edited by Boobycino; 08-05-2012 at 22:41.