+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies

I too go to Concept and its funny you say you feel people look at you and think what are you doing here - im 22 so a young one also!!

I had Jequier too! And then just as were about to start our first cycle she leaves??? And they just said you have to go and get another referal ?! I wasnt happy!

Now with Dr Wong - shes vry nice!!

Waiting for AF to start second cycle!!

✨Baby dust✨

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh you youngsters Be sure to look sympathetically at us old chooks in the waiting room! We're the ones with the biological clocks that sound like Big Ben! Good luck to you all for your cycles

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wishmeluck For This Useful Post:

Lillaa  (27-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was there but they made some big mistakes and didn't find crucial things that were wrong with me. I guess I blame my former FS who was too rushed and didn't really listen, try anything new, or even reviewed my cycles etc, plus ALWAYS being at least half an hour late for anything even transfers. I also had a bad experience during a scan where a Dr said that basically women only have themselves to blame because they try to study and have careers and leave it too late. When we should all be having babies in our early 20s and that my chances were slim. I kid you not, I came out of there crying. (I will add that I was in my early 30s when we first started trying so I don't feel like I was over the hill) But anyway I changed and I'm happy with that decision. You don't know how other clinics operate until you make the change and the new clinic do things in a way that I like. My new FS is also fantastic not only really nice but knows our history & ultra professional. Never late, never takes personal calls during a consult and has found answers for me.
    The nursing staff and embryologists etc were really nice at Concept. However, I just felt that there were so many people that you were just a number and it was like they had a set protocol that could never be changed - even when you were telling them "there is something wrong".
    Disney I totally know what you mean about the waiting area! They strangely put the chairs so you are facing other people too. But I always felt like I wanted to say "hi" to someone but it just wasn't the place. It felt a bit cold like you say. I think they should change the waiting area a bit.
    Sorry for being so negative (I hate being negative especially as this journey is hard enough) I just had a really bad experience there and wanted to be honest. I would have appreciated the info. when I was starting out. I wish you all well in your journeys and it's all individual so do what feels right for you!
    xx
    SS
    Last edited by SummerShine; 09-05-2012 at 09:56.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SummerShine For This Useful Post:

Lillaa  (27-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    BecBec89, wishmeluck, Disney Baby - good luck with your current cycles

SummerShine - I appreciate your comments and just makes me more strongly want to change clinic before I start IVF. I have real issues with I call them on CD1 and we go through my meds, which are the same since i started going there in Oct last year. 1000mg of Metformin a day and 5mg of Femara on CD2 - CD6. Then after O I use 1 progesterone pessaries a day. Then in my first IUI cycle I didn't have a US. second cycle I was told every medicated cycle needs one. Third cycle, no US offered, so I said I thought every med cycle needs them, they say but you aren't on meds. I tell them for the millionth time that I use Femara. They said that's not on my record. WTF? Sometime I think they get my record mixed up with someone else. Then I have my IUI and ask for my progesterone, they say there is no notes to say I use them. FS told me I have to because I had a chemical with low progesterone last Sept. I also get random blood test results. One day I'll be told, your estrogen is 280, next day they call and say your estrogen has gone from 400 to 650.... so was my estrogen 280 or 400 yesterday?!? Who's not giving me the right results.

I just find them incompetent. And don't get my started how we schedule DH sample and our IUI,mother they run late and we need to have more than half a day off work for something that takes 2 hours.

I hoping Dr Thyer lets me change, and when he does I will be writing a letter of complaint to Concept.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blackduck I'm sorry you had such a bad experience too. Wow that is some bungle. They got my meds wrong too, lucky I caught it in time and told them I needed a higher dose or I would have been looking at a cancelled cycle. They didn't find or address my progesterone issue so all my transfers had 0 chance of working. I kept telling them about my early bleeding and they wouldn't listen. I remember waiting 40 minutes for a transfer once because it was raining and the FS didn't want to get wet - that's what I was told I surprised they didn't make up a reason like a medical emergency. Personal phone calls to family members during consults argh the list goes on. I should have written a letter of complaint about the Dr that made me cry with insensitive and unhelpful comments about choices. Actually I still should so nobody else ever has to go through that. I will wish you well in your future journey.

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know this thread is a little old, but I wanted to ask you SummerShine which FS you are talking about?

With my latest trasnfer, one of the nurses came up to me and DH and told us that Dr Manju shouldn't speak to us like that and suggested we find another doctor.

I'm at a complete loss as to what to do because all other doctors are booked for months, and we can't afford to change clnics and pay upfront.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Baby View Post
    I know this thread is a little old, but I wanted to ask you SummerShine which FS you are talking about?

With my latest trasnfer, one of the nurses came up to me and DH and told us that Dr Manju shouldn't speak to us like that and suggested we find another doctor.

I'm at a complete loss as to what to do because all other doctors are booked for months, and we can't afford to change clnics and pay upfront.
    The treatment you are describing is substandard and downright atrocious considering the amount of money you're paying. I know you said you can't afford to change, but can you afford to waste more time and money with a FS and clinic that isn't assisting you properly?
    You deserve to be treated properly and i know you've waited a long time already but you ARE young and if it was me, i'd take a break save the cash and start fresh with a new clinic and new FS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear about these bad experiences at Concept. Although the nursing staff are all lovely, the place seems to be completely disorganised. I've had problems with my meds - the first time I was told to administer the wrong dosage and the second time I was given the wrong drugs! It does feel a bit like a factory - just churning everyone through the system.