+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Anyone else at Concept Subiaco?

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if there are any other IVF hubbers at Concept in Subiaco. Of all the threads I am a part of, I don't think I have ever seen another hubber mention they are at Concept?

Everytime I wait in the waiting room, I feel as though although we are all there for the same thing, we are all so cold to eachother? I just think it would be great just to say Hi to another hubber while waiting

If there is anyone at Concept, I am the young one that is always sipping one of their hot chocolates on my own
    I also don't dress 'grown up' I suppose either. You can always find me wearing jeans and some sort of jumper lol.
    I had to add in there that I am the young one as (no offence intended) I believe that of all the times I have waited in the waiting room, that I am the youngest and I feel as though people look at me and think "do you even know where you are? This is IVF for people with REAL problems".

I may have that totally wrong, but it's how I feel.

I notice 'regulars' in the waiting room and I always wonder if they are a fellow hubber.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Disney Baby

I'm at Concept Subiaco. I'm not the young one!! As for thinking you're too young to be there, I'm lucky to think that much that early in the morning. I'm usually the one sitting there looking like a stunned mullet. I was last at Concept Monday 30 April for EPU and obviously the week before that for scans. Won't be back there til mid June now for my next cycle. I'm "attempting" to stock pile some eggs for CGH testing, but unfortunately only got 1 good embryo for freezing this time. Fingers crossed for a better result next time.

Happy to say hello if we're there on the same day. I'm usually scrolling through Bubhub on my phone anyway!

Wish

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    A stunned mullet

I might miss you in June as if this cycle is unsuccessful, I need to wait a month to start again

May I ask who your doctor is? I started off with Dr Anne Jequier, but she apparently went to another clinic (even though I still see her around) and we had to find a new FS. We are with Dr. Manju Ambekar now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm with Lucy Williams

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm at Concept Subiaco as well. I see Dr B Thyer at Mercy and he uses Concept.

I don't really like it there at all. Not that confident in my care, I get told completely different information every time I go there and I don't know how many time is need to tell them what meds I am on each cycle, and then they still tell me it's not on the record.

I'm having a cycle off at the moment, I'll be back there in 2 weeks for the beginning of my 4th IUI cycle. If that doesn't work it's onto IVF for us. I'll be asking Dr Thyer if there is another clinic I can use instead.

I'm another young one, I'm 25 and I feel like I am out of place sitting in the waiting room there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The only reason we are there is because they do a pay-off system. I like it there though, everyone seems really nice.

I'm not sure how I feel about my new FS though, yes she is more friendly than my old one, but I got results with my old one and nothing with the new one. I feel as though all of my good embryos are wasted in the care of my new FS, and I don't get many embryos in the first place!

I know it sounds silly considering I am only in the middle of my second cycle with her, but I don't know...my old FS seemed more 'better'.

How do you find your doctors?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's really hard comparing our FS's. Lucy is absolutely lovely just very busy so difficult to find time to talk with and find out why she chose the protocol she did. I have done the same protocol for 3 cycles, had crap results first and third time, but good result second cycle. Unfortunately, sometimes our cycles are just crap, regardless of the protocol. She's made a change for this cycle so hopefully will get better results. Good luck this cycle. We need to be honest with our FS about how we feel - they maybe able to explain why they're doing what they're doing. If not, it gives us the opportunity to look elsewhere

Black Duck - I was with Dr Thyer when I was pregnant with my little girl. He is lovely

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I guess I don't have much experience with protocols and stuff.

My first stim (with old FS) I was on 150 Gonal F and only got 5 eggs. 4 of them fertilised, 1 transfered day 3 (BFP m/c), 1 transfered FET grown to day 5 (BFN), 1 in storage and 1 didn't survive.
    This stim cycle (with new FS) I was on 175 Gonal F and got 12 eggs. Only 7 fertilised and were grown to day 5. In the end, on ET day (today) I only had 3 left. I am PUPO with 1 now and I was told to call tomorrow to see if my other 2 were suitable for freezing, but the embryologist said they looked iffy and may not make it.

I believe that all 3 of my cycles have been somewhat 'textbook'. Every scan I've had they comment on how well everything is going. One of them even told me that they wished everyone else was like me!

I need to have a good talk with my FS anyway if this cycle is unsuccessful because I want to ask her about putting 2 back as I don't get many eggs to start with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, and while I am getting replies I want to ask...

Is it normal that the u/s people seem to have a good look at where they are sticking the probe?

In all my years of TTC, I've never had someone look down there to do a scan, unless it was a GYNO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I suspect they're not wanting to go too hard with the gonal because of your PCOS and the risk of OHSS. 12 eggs is a good haul, even though only 7 fertilised. It's always difficult getting them to mature at the same time. They do have rather a textbook approach which is why I wanted to sit with my FS and get her reasons for doing the protocol she chose. I was happy with her answers but you'll need to ask your FS

As for your other comment, they do of course need to look in the ball park region to place the probe, but can't say any of them have had a really good sticky beak. See how you feel next time and raise the matter if you're still concerned. I just try to remind myself that my veejayjay is one of 1,000s they will have seen Hopefully you won't need to go back for a while and this one will be sticky for you!