+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Had some friends come back from Bali saying it wasn't that great and definately no place for kids. I personally love Australia. It's not easy but we bush walk every where with the kids (usually carrying one each) we love NT best thats why we moved there. Research is key to going anywhere.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Are you on the east coast? I would def suggest Cook Islands relaxing fun pretty and can do villa or hotel accomm. Very family friendly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellavista View Post
    Are you on the east coast? I would def suggest Cook Islands relaxing fun pretty and can do villa or hotel accomm. Very family friendly.
    Agree.

My husband is a coconut and they are such family orientated people.

So sweet & gentle.

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Hawaii! I wouldn't take little kids to Bali or Thailand either plus better shopping in Hawaii!
    I love Hawaii, love it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hawaii is Awesome.. There's a resort where "forgetting Sarah MArshall" was filmed calle turtle bay. There's horse hiding, private beaches , tennis courts and scuba diving. Then u could stay in town for a few days too!!

If u go on winter u could go to Queenstown when it snows!!! Snowboarding, skiing and lot of other touristy things!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We went to Darwin for 12 nights a year ago and it was fantastic. We spent 9 nights in Darwin and 3 at Batchelor, near the Litchfield National Park. It was seriously the best holiday we'd ever had. Heaps of things for my ds to see & do and heaps we didn't get to see. Litchfield National Park is beautiful and closer to Darwin than Kakadu and lots of people I spoke to said Litchfield was the place to go and we loved it. We stayed at a Caravan Park there (in a lovely cabin) and they had minigolf, a pool and a little restaurant all on site. In Darwin the wave pool was a massive highlight for my 4yo, but there was just so much to occupy him & us, that we were never bored.

It was about 32 degrees every day, but our accommodation had air con and it was a dry heat, so we tolerated it quite well. It's not cheap, but for $7K you should be able to do heaps of things easily and manage a 2 week stay if you want. It's good cause it's not overseas so you don't need to worry about the logistics of foreign travel with little kids (passports, etc) or customs/etc.

waitsee is offline “While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely look at Hawaii, we are holidaying here now, it is beautiful, we have an 8 mth old and 2.5 yr old. Check out the new Aulani Resort

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810b using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    We took DD to Bali when she was 2.5 and it was fantastic. The people were extremely friendly and accommodating. Because it's a tourist destination, the restaurants and shops have everything you need. My DD had a 'western' kids meal every time we ate out. We went to the zoo, the beach, the hotel pool, the monkey forest in ubud and it was extremely child focused. We're going back with friends and all our kids (mine will be 4.5 and 21 months) later this year and hiring a big private villa/house. Can't wait!!!

I personally didn't like Fiji but I've heard that there's some great child friendly resorts with heaps to do. BIL and SIL go back with their kids every couple of years. I went pre-children and didn't rate the resort we stayed at. I'd go back to try it out again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for all the ideas going to spend a little time googling

Re Hawaii, DH and I took a holiday there when I was pregnant with DS1. Memories of throwing up with morning sickness at particularly inopportune times we enjoyed it very much and definitely easy, clean and good for kids. Not sure if we'd like somewhere new though this time

If anyone has any other suggestions keep them coming

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was going to suggest Bali. We go every year, love it so much!! Kids are coming with us in July. They are 7, 4 and 2. Check out the dynasty in Bali. So much fun, so excited!

Next year we wanna take the kids to NZ and see snow as none of us have seen it irl. Or go on a cruise somewhere. Or do both