+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default ICSI Success stories please! Looking for a little motivation

After two BFN's, I need to find some enthusiasm, motivation and a little passion to keep soldiering on. We have been told most couples with MFI have a baby within four attempts.

How long did it take you?
    Last edited by kmvw; 08-05-2012 at 15:20.

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subscribing!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    In my first cycle, we didn't use ICSI and none fertilised, since using ICSI we get more than 80% fertilise. I just did my 5th cycle but I did PGD testing and we now have 4 frozen embryos suitable for transfer. I think most clinics say up to 3 attempts, but there are people who take 1 shot and others that take a lot more.

Is there a reasons why they are transferring a day 2 embryo rather than a day 3 or 5? I know some clinics prefer it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had a 100% fertilisation rate in our 1st cycle, which is my only fresh cycle so far. We are with a clinic who only do 2 day transfers, what is PGD testing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had to do ICSI because my husband had a vasectomy. It worked first go but he didn't have any other infertility factors.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subscribing too!I really don't understand the way clinics are all so different on 2 or 5 day transfer, its very confusing! My embryologist explained to us that if you are young and healthy, then its good to grow out the embies to 5 days because you can then know which ones are the strongest/most viable.

We have done two cycles, both with hatching blasts (5 day) and so far have gotten pregnant twice (first didn't stick, 2nd yet to know if it will stick) so i felt like there is some merit in the 5 day transfer. Apparently when its a blasty and hatching out of its egg, its already looking for somewhere to latch on to, so the uterus is the best place for it. At 2 days they would still be in the fallopian tubes (in a natural pregnancy). But i know lots of people get great results with 2 day transfers, so i really don't know which is best.

Our dr also said 4 is usually the magic number of tries that it takes. Perhaps next cycle you could try a medicated FET just to see if you get a better result? I have pcos however my lining and progesterone are all normal, but we did a medicated cycle anyway just to throw everything at it. I'm sure you will get there, it just might take a few tries.
    Last edited by Clementine Grace; 08-05-2012 at 15:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a success story.....we have 15mth old boy/girl twins thanks to ISCI. It was our fourth attempt. We have just transferred 1 blastie last week and I think it may also be successful.

Good luck to you.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to shirleysmum For This Useful Post:

Allymumtobe  (08-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump more stories in need of some more positivity please!

Thanks
    Reviews
    8 stim cycles.

1st, FS didn't realise MFI was quite so bad as it was, so no sperm found (and definitive diagnosis made of Sertoli-only), therefore no fertilisation and no transfer.
    2nd-5th, related donor with bad quality. Had difficulty finding enough motile sperm without vacuoles to fertilise an average of 8 eggs.
    6th-8th, anonymous donor, so technically no MFI, but still had to do ICSI due to low numbers as clinic was stretching the donation as far as possible.

5 of our transfers were on day 5. Of those, only 1 emby was an early blast (stim#7), and the remaining 7 embies (including the 2 that gave us our BFP) were morulas. Along the way we also had 1x 8cell emby transferred on day 3, and 2x 4 cell embies transferred on day 2.

The old success stats that most clinics used to publish were that 95% of couples get a 7wk heartbeat within 3 stim cycles. That figure usually covered more than 3 transfers as FETs were to be used, but were not counted as they're not a stim cycle.
    Some clinics are now finally putting up more sensible success rates, e.g. per-transfer, or % live birth.
    Last edited by felicita; 07-06-2012 at 07:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi kmvw

We had ICSI too - our first round only one embie transferred day 3 - BFN, 2nd cycle 8 eggies and no fertilization, 3rd round 7 eggies, 3 blasts - 2 transferred at day 5 and one unsuccessfully frozen - BFN, 4th round 6 eggies - 2 day 4 morulas transferred and now I'm 17 weeks pregnant with one

Good luck and keep positive - very difficult at times I know!