+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Support group, gay/lesbian planning pregnancy

Ooooops, no "swear" words on BH, will have to get used to that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

My little girl at her 27 week scan. I'm now 31!!!!
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I can't quote all (and I have a bad memory) so forgive me if I forget anyone

Almai and teagan: hope all goes well with your pregnancies, can't wait to hear more about your little ones. Will you be finding out the gender?

Broomdyke: welcome!! Always nice to have another person around here. And your bubba girl is beautiful :-) have you thought of names yet?

Jaandaw: don't worry, I'm sure we're much nicer in this thread anyway ;-)

We are less worried about our kids going to school and getting teased than we are about them being put on the outside of DP's family. They are super religious and DP gets left out of things now she's with me. I think they're realising that it's not just a 'phase' and she really is a lesbian! I think the wedding invitations helped with that ;-) some said they weren't coming because they can't be seen to advocate for something like that! DP was so upset as they are her family and would love them there to support her because they love her. It made me super angry! I told DP that if they don't come to the wedding, they are never meeting our children, and if they do meet them if we are at a family BBQ then they will not be holding them. I will be doing baby wearing and I will just wear them so they can't :-) I'm a little bit mean when someone upsets my DP.

We are I think 10dpo with Friday being 14 days. Lying in bed as DP has an early shift and I'm feeling sick. I'm wondering if it is because I ate a little bit of gluten yesterday or if it's something else. Damn why do we symptom spot??

Thanks
    Reviews

We symptom spot because it is something we want so very badly so we take the tiniest twinge or feeling sick as a sign of hope that we get our little bundle of joy .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Again,
    First of all just wanted to clarify to any of the FB KK girls that are on this thread that I wasn't bad mouthing them, and am grateful for the support I received while a member of KK. It's been bought to my attention that my comments about the FB KK group in this thread have offended some, and that was never my intention. I felt uncomfortable and no longer welcome by one person in particular, and saw the group becoming increasingly "clicky" with personal jokes etc, and after one persons comments yesterday I made the decision to leave. I am terribly sad for things to have ended this way, and I hope to stay in touch with many of your via FB, I just can't be a part of the group anymore feeling so unwelcome and hurt. I thought my farewell was indicative of that, so apologies if there was ever any misunderstanding re: my comments on here. Xxx

Broomedyke-Congrats. Those 3D scans always freak me out a little though! Pretty amazing the stuff they can do right??? Have you chosen names yet?

KKP-I'm so sad DP's family have that opinion and treat you so poorly. I am fortunate to have an incredibly supportive father, and when I came out to him, (4 months after getting married to a man!), my dad told me "I don't care if you love a man, a woman or a dolphin, as long as you're happy"! DP's family weren't as accepting, with her Dad refusing to acknowledge we were actually together for a few months, (in denial, they're just friends right?), but now he's great, and I'm SO grateful for that. I did loose contact with a number of friends when i came out, which was sad, but obviously they were pretty crappy friends right?
    And you know what, in relation to DP's family, who cares when you have friends that become your family yeah? I've lost touch with my mum, (about 10 years ago), and two of my sisters, but I figure I'm fortunate to have special friends and a very special DP who will make sure our little one is loved and always has loads of people who want to be "family". I hope one day your DP's family suck it up, or DP comes to terms with it and can move on emotionally. It's a hard one

KKP and Keerah-That 2WW is symptom spot hell right? But you know what KKP, I hope it is symptom's you're experiencing! A

So are you girls POAS addicts? Our clinic gets us in for HCG BT 5 days post transfer, so we don't really have anytime to get hooked on the POAS's!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

So I'm sitting in emergency cos I possibly dislocate my knee. Not fun but it's a little bit funny looking back on it lol
    It's the first time, if they ask if I'm possibly pregnant, that I can say maybe.
    As long as they don't try to stick me with any needles, I don't care what they do to me :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

If my DP didn't set the rules I would prolly be addicted to poas. After my first cycle she said she doesn't want me testing till the day AF is due. Though, last cycle I tested at 10dpo and she doesn't know lol.

KKP - I hope your knee injury isn't anything too serious and that you don't spend too much of your night at the hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh no, a dislocated knee and no POAS! Devastating news for this new comer lol! Fx no biggie for your knee KKP, take care and enjoy saying "maybe"!

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews

Oh no KKP!!
    I dislocated my knee cap and broke cartilage underneath during our tracking cycle (about 4ish months ago).. I was off work for 2 months and had surgery... Everyone in the clinic now knows me now due to always going in on crutches...
    I hope yours is nothing major, injuries totally suck!

Thanks
    Reviews

Wow, hard to believe it was that long ago Almai! Time has flown!!