+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Support group, gay/lesbian planning pregnancy

Quote Originally Posted by jaandaw View Post
    Hi Y'all, can I join in? My partner and I have been actively trying for bub number one since April 2012. We're a same sex couple using unknown donor sperm from USA, through IVF. We're in ACT, and going through Canberra Fertility Centre as they're the only clinic in Canberra that'll work with unknown donor sperm. Thus far DP has had one stimulated cycle, 1 fresh transfer of a blast, 5 frozen blasts, 2 FET's, all BFN We have 2 frosties left, but have just changed FS and plan to stim again in Feb/Mar 2013 after a break. No known fertility issues for DP, however previous FS suspected and attempted to treat for NK Cells, (but he was a cnut so we left him!). I've been on a support group for last few months on facey, but left group today after feeling unwanted as Im a "partner", rather than the one ttc. Feeling a bit lonely and sorry for myself tbh
    Ppffftttttttt to those who made you feel unwanted! You are more than welcome here I have been in your position of just being the partner and it is hard and you need as much support as your DP. Everyone needs an outlet and information source!

As for me, I had my first insem for this month this evening. Right at this minute I am feeling very positive. Have another insem to do tomorrow and Tuesday. Lets see how busy I can keep myself during the 2WW and lets see if I can stop myself from testing early again lol.

KKP, I have a question for you but ill send it to you through fb tomorrow as I'm about to crawl into bed with DP, she has the next week off work

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Keerah For This Useful Post:

jaandaw  (02-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Ohhh Thankyou Keerah, big relief being welcomed Yay for insem, you're using known donor? Sorry, will take me bit to catch up. Fx xxx

Thanks
    Reviews

And KKP! Didn't see both welcomes, Thankyou Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Yay for your DP having a week off Keerah! I'm at work tomorrow so very free to chat lol

And jaandaw, I feel weird on those fb groups, especially coming into the group late cos everyone already knows everyone or already have babies. Hope the rest of your TTC journey is short :-)

As for me, we test on Friday and have fingers crosses for a BFP, though I'm not feeling very positive about it. If its BFN then our next insem will be the week before Christmas

Thanks
    Reviews

Yes we are using a known donor and doing DIY AI. This is our 3rd cycle, first one was a chemical pregnancy and last one was a BFN, so, we shall see if it is third time lucky

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi was wondering if I could crash your thread? My partner and I are expecting a little girl in the next 9
    Weeks and we are so excited!!!! We conceived thru ivf Qfg with a donor sperm from America. Was very pricey but worth it because I got my bfp first go and have many many many embryos on ice. I have been very lucky with this pregnancy. No morning sickness, no dramas at all. I also don't know any lesbian mums and would love to be involved with some so that bub feels normal as she gets older. It is something that I stress about that she will resent us for bringing her into this world where she may be an outsider or ridiculed and also bitter at being fatherless. Its so hard to know what the right thing is to do but at the end of the day it was our love that welcomed her into existence I just hope that is enough lol.

Thanks
    Reviews

You are welcome to crash our thread, just don't break anything :P

I used to be worried about what would happen when our child becomes school age, but I try not to, yes they may be bullied for having 2 mums, but it is a lot more common than it used to be and there are so many other things they could get bullied about simply because kids are turdlings. We don't have lesbian family friends either and as far as the no dad thing goes, there are loads of kids out there that their dad doesn't do anything or have any part of their lives, so our kids will have a bonus of 2 mums. It is important to me for my child to have a strong male role model, and they will have that in my bil.

I am prolly not making sense as I am on my phone and just rambling whatever comes to mind lol. Welcome to the thread

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Keerah For This Useful Post:

almai  (03-12-2012)

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews

Jaandaw- welcome I'm sorry to hear you and dp haven't had success yet
    iv heard many people change FS and fall straight away. I have all my fingers crossed for you both for a successful next cycle!
    I don't know what it's like to be the one not trying... But my DP will try for our next one so I'll be sure to find out then... And I'm sure i'll be going crazy and definitely needing a support group!
    We are using anon American donor aswell but through iudi

KKP- I was feeling very negative during the start of the second week of the TWW... But it turned out ok for me soooo i really really hope you get a BFP on Friday! How many dpo will you be by then?

Keerah- I too hope you get a BFP aswell, it's so draining each month and I just wish the best of luck for you girls <3

Teagan- I was way off!!!!! Haha but I'm so glad to hear it went well... Well kinda. Sucks that you were so sick and nervous, and had to wait! But I'm glad there was a little bub with a beating heart <3 <3

AFM- I am suffering bad ms... Started not long after BFP and got progressively worse very quickly!! Iv been nauseous, exhausted and on and off vomiting for weeks now (vomiting everyday now) and I'm only 6+2 today.... Iv just spent the last 2 days on the couch cuz I was so sick! The early strong sickness and crazy blood tests are making me really think I am having twins!!! 4 more sleeps until our scan then we will know for sure!
    I need to drink a litre of water before the scan... I highly doubt that I'll be able to keep it down! I think I'll be a crying, worrying, needing to pee and vomit mess :/

****Baby dust to everyone ****

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews

Broomdyke- welcome
    Keerah said exactly what i would have said...
    Congrats on your pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews

KKP-The group actually started on BH, and all was good with most girls, but things started to get clicky, and then I was made to feel super unwelcome by just one person. It's really sad to leave, but it's a highly emotional experience ttc anyway, and added stress of *****y support groups is not worth it.

Broomdyke-Your bubba is privileged to have 2 mums, don't ever doubt that. I'm an early childhood teacher, and I strongly believe that at least in my area of education, we're working hard to educate chn and families about the diversity that exists within Australian families, and Im positive that there are open and accepting schools out there that will support your family to be recognized as "normal", at least I know there are in Canberra.

Everyone else, thanks for your welcome and fx for wonderful scans, I look forward to seeing pics, (do we share those on this group? I hope so!).

Jess Xxx