+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Support group, gay/lesbian planning pregnancy

That's a really good idea about the positive messages, I need to remind myself it can and WILL be ok. I too check for bleeding throughout the day!
    I'd say, if you dtd 4w 2days ago then you would be around 6w2d pregnant now... Possibly 1 or 2 days less.

With a textbook cycle, you would O on day 14 which means you are 2 weeks pregnant before you even conceive... So if you have long cycles, I think they just add 2 weeks to the date you ovulated/inseminated.... But dont quote me on that...
    either way, you will find out how far along you are by the measurements from your dating scan. yay!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so excited that you could possibly be right about adding the 2 weeks-one of the girls i work with told me the same thing today and now im super stoked that im possibly further along! This sounds crazy nuts,and i know its not physiologically possible-but im bloating/showing like crazy and and feel pregnant!
    Im a little bit excited to have found not only a pregnancy buddy in Perth,but a lesbian couple at that!! yay!
    Are you going to be working full time?? Im stuck at the moment in my high pressure shift work position as an Anaesthetic Technician,doing on call's and 10 hr shifts and im ****ing knackered. Hoping that I can cut out some of the stress when I get to the 12 week mark....or ill just have to toughen up!
    Take care...xx

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews

Did you do home insem or clinic? If home insem, how many did you do? Did you chart your temps or follow O signs? Could you track conception to an insemination day?

I know quite a few gay/lesbian people and couples but none who are pregnant or have kids so it's nice to have 'met' you

I plan to work full time for as long as possible. I'm a carer for people with disabilities and work 2 x 27hour shifts a week (you get allocated time to sleep at night)
    It is quite tiring but I have alot of time off around those shifts so I think it will be ok. I currently have another job aswell but I'll be quitting that in a few weeks so I don't burn out

Your work sounds hectic! Hopefully you'll be ok and not too tired... Or ask to reduce your hours if possible?

I forgot if you said.. Do you live SOR?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did at home insemination using some carefully acquired items from work (haha) and it worked on the second go! We were really not expecting to get pregnant this way because my cycle was so irregular and I wasnt menstruating-but we were hopeful that maybe it would happen before I had to go through the clinic,and just kinda thought it couldnt hurt to start.I randomly ovulated one night and it resulted in our BFP. All I used was the ovulation sticks..many,many,many of them!!
    I was a carer for years! Mainly aged,but worked agency so did all sorts of crazy shifts in different places. I had to tell my boss today about my pregnancy because of all of the radiation and x-rays in theatres,and the nitrous oxide and anaesthetic gases can cause misscarriage..so for the rest of my 1st trimester im going to be limited in what specialties I can work in-Im at RPH so we have some pretty intense trauma's come through the door.
    I am SOR-in cannington.

Thanks
    Reviews

We are back
    after my DP's miscarriage, the elusive period has come and we start gonal on Sunday for FET. Hope this one goes further than the last and we get a baby fingers tightly crossed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Hey :-) thought I would join in here. DP and I did our first insemination on Tuesday and doing another today after I finish work. It was so nerve racking but we got it done lol
    Thankfully if it doesn't work this cycle our donor is more than happy to try next cycle which would be only a week before Christmas! Then testing would be in January just before we get married :-)
    We are keeping all fingers crossed :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Teagan- seems this bubbah was meant to be!
    Good thing to tell work, need to keep bub safe

KKP and FC- I hope you both get a Christmas BFP!!!!!!! FX

I have another BT tomorrow (having 2 a week) to make sure hcg and progesterone are rising. FX it's all still ok. I think I am 5 weeks tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews

Lets hope all of us still TTC will get the bfp's we long for and the bubs already cooking stay sticky

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Keerah For This Useful Post:

almai  (22-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Second insem today :-) was so much easier second time around and not awkward like the other day yay
    We will be testing on 6.12.12 :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

And baby dust and sticky babes to all in this thread :-)