+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Support group, gay/lesbian planning pregnancy

Hi ladies

DP (33) and I (32) started our TTC journey at the beginning of the year. We are using known donors, first donor got cold feet and bailed on us, we had a backup donor and DP was UTD on the second try but mc at 6 weeks. Now after a break and hunting for another donor we started out TTC efforts again in September. First try unsuccessful and second ended in a chemical pregnancy. We try again in 2 weeks

We live in Brisbane

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey,

Im 29 and my beautiful partner is 36,we have very recently gotten a BFP and Im currently 4 weeks! We had registered with a clinic in Perth and jumped through all of their hoops for the last 18 months-then a family friend offered to donate.We documented my cycle and figured out when I was ovulating,and I got pregnant on the first try! Im now absolutely petrified about misscarriage knowing how badly we want to start a family...are their any ladies in the same position in Perth?? Would love to meet some up with some lesbians that have been or are going through the same thing.

Cheers.x
    Last edited by Teagan83; 11-11-2012 at 22:36.

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews

Hi teagan, I'm in Perth aswell. We are currently in the TWW of our 2nd IUDI cycle. It's a crazy journey!!
    Congrats to you on your BFP! I wish you lots of babydust for a sticky bub xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by almai927 View Post
    Hi teagan, I'm in Perth aswell. We are currently in the TWW of our 2nd IUDI cycle. It's a crazy journey!!
    Congrats to you on your BFP! I wish you lots of babydust for a sticky bub xx
    Hey!
    I find myself really crossing my fingers for your next IUI..Iare you guys going through PIVET or Concept?? I just cant believe that we are still on the waiting list at Pivet,****es me off that we have to wait so long and pay so much money for something so plentiful and gross!!! Keep me updated on your journey, I would love to know some people in Perth that are starting a family-believe it or not, we dont even have any gay friends!!
    5 weeks on saturday!!! Keep in touch xx

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews

Oh wow!
    We went through fertillity north in joondalup. We arent totally happy with them but if they do the job then i guess its ok. We also had a 6 month 'cooling off' period.... That totally sucked! This whole process has been long, emotionally draining and very expensive! But its all worth it!

I am now 12dpiudi and yesterday we got a faint BFP... today we got a darker BFP!!! I'm so excited and feel much more positive about this cycle!
    Pregnancy BT is on Friday so FX we get good levels!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by almai927 View Post
    Oh wow!
    We went through fertillity north in joondalup. We arent totally happy with them but if they do the job then i guess its ok. We also had a 6 month 'cooling off' period.... That totally sucked! This whole process has been long, emotionally draining and very expensive! But its all worth it!

I am now 12dpiudi and yesterday we got a faint BFP... today we got a darker BFP!!! I'm so excited and feel much more positive about this cycle!
    Pregnancy BT is on Friday so FX we get good levels!
    YAY,YAY,YAY,YAY-Congratulations!!! We got about 5 very faint positives before the bloods were done,,I guess the disbelief and negativity sets in just because you want it soooo bad. I had my second set of HCG's done on sat and they had nearly tripled to over 3000,I guess the next step is the US. My poor girlfriend is already having to cope with my physcotic behaviour-I truly am a nightmare....I was crying the other day when florence and the machine came on the radio...awkward! I cant remember if you already said,is this your first?? Are your parents supportive of your decision to become a family? Keep in touch,and HEAPS and HEAPS of positivity being sent your way! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Teagan83 View Post
    YAY,YAY,YAY,YAY-Congratulations!!! We got about 5 very faint positives before the bloods were done,,I guess the disbelief and negativity sets in just because you want it soooo bad. I had my second set of HCG's done on sat and they had nearly tripled to over 3000,I guess the next step is the US. My poor girlfriend is already having to cope with my physcotic behaviour-I truly am a nightmare....I was crying the other day when florence and the machine came on the radio...awkward! I cant remember if you already said,is this your first?? Are your parents supportive of your decision to become a family? Keep in touch,and HEAPS and HEAPS of positivity being sent your way! xx
    oh yay! i'm glad to hear you have such good numbers!
    is this your 1st?

i did a POAS test at 11dpiudi and got a faint but definite second line then the next day it was heaps darker... didn't need to squint at all to see it! today was even darker again!... almost close to the control line at 13dpiudi!!! i really hope that is a good sign. i am having BT tomorrow morning and will get results in the afternoon ... cant wait!

this is my 3rd pregnancy... 1st was 6 years ago and i lost my twins at 16 weeks gestation. 2nd was 2 months ago, ended as a chemical pregnancy and now this one... 3rd time lucky?!?!
    if this one sticks i will be due july 26th (my twins were due july 28th)... i am very excited about this pregnancy but it is also bringing up alot of my past and i feel a bit anxious....

how are you feeling? any symptoms? i keep getting AF like feelings on and off, it scares the crap out of me! i am also quite nauseous when i 1st wake up and now i have heaps of pimples on my chest (never had them there before )

have you booked in with an OB or a hospital.... i just realised that i spent so much time thinking and planning TTC that now i don't have a plan for the actual pregnancy!

my parents and brother are soooooooo excited! actually my entire extended family are on the edge of their seats waiting for the day we announce! even the in laws are excited although they are much more reserved than my family.

keep me updated on how you go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, this is my first pregnancy-Im literally the last in my family and circle of friends to be starting a family..everyone told me id meet the right person one day,and i totally didnt believe them,thinking that kids were not really in the plan!My partner and I are planning our wedding (and paying for it!) and we are going to Bali in May next year to have our committment ceremony...or whatever people want to call it.
    Iv also got a estimated due date of the 27th July!! We did the insemination on 20th oct..so its a random guesstimate so far from those dates.
    We havnt told our families as yet,mine are pretty chilled and im sure they will be stoked-but my partner's family are really religious and her father is a Baptist minister,so we are not really sure how they wil react-I guess we will wait until the 12 week period is over and then work up the courage to tell them.
    Im really saddened to hear about your previous losses...good on you for being so brave,you and your GF must be extremely strong people.
    Let me know how your BT's go xxx

Thanks
    Reviews

Congrats on the up coming wedding!
    You must be so excited

I'm lucky to have a very excited and supportive family... My dad is already organizing the cigars for the birth :/
    I'm sure your family will be excited especially when it's born... Who doesn't love a newborn?

Well i Got my BT results and I am confirmed pregnant with really strong numbers we are totally over the moon!!! I am a little worried that I could still m/c or have problems but I'm trying to keep positive!!
    So for now I am (by LMP) 4w2d pregnant and due on July 26th
    We had our insem November 2nd so I think you would be due before me by a week or 2?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on the BT results-I kept peeing on those little sticks but couldnt actually believe we were pregnant until I got the HCG results...then I went from disbelief to sheer terror,and must visit the bathroom 5oo times a day just to check im not bleeding!
    Im soooooo confused about how far along I am-all of the due date calculators ask for the first day of your last period,but my cycle was so whack that mine was sometime in september!So iv just gone from the date we did the deed...which was 4 weeks and 2 days ago.I guess we will have to wait for our dating scan to find out.
    Good luck with staying positive-sounds really corny but iv stuck these bits of paper to my bathroom mirror that say stuff like "I am positive about my pregnancy" and "My baby is happy and healthy"...little bit airy fairy,but seems to keep me grounded.
    Next are our ultrasounds!!!!!