+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all!
    I'm new to the discussion and thought I'd introduce myself :-)
    I'm 24 weeks pregnant (a boy) with my partner's egg and donor sperm. We were lucky and had success on the 3rd transfer, with 6 frosties. We chose this method for u to both be very much a part of creating our new addition. I also have a 15yr old daughter, who is now starting to get excited.
    For those that are having or trying to have bubs, my daughter has never had any issues with having 2 mums (or sometimes 3) and not having a dad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi. I would highly recommend clinic/anon donor as I also had a friend in Vic who had the same thing happen...he got 50% custody. They had a contract but contracts on unborn children are not enforceable. My partner and I are in Melbourne and went through Melbourne IVF. Our FS and PSA were great, but it can vary depending on your FS. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am single and 20 weeks pregnant through an anonymous donor, and from all of the research I have done using anonymous sperm has significantly less complications than known sperm. I found my donor through DIY baby, it took some time but basically we have no contracts and have not exchanged any details. I have met him and emailed but that is all, we used a hotel for all inseminations. Obviously we did health checks but used third parties to confirm that the paperwork he showed me were his. So don't necessary put all your thoughts into a clinic, I did for 5 unsuccessful cycles and 2 miscarriages, if you can find the right anonymous donor it can be an amazing and stress free process. Also we did agree that he would be willing to meet the child when the child is older, and all I can do is ope he sticks to that, but we will have to wait and see. Good luck to you all!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone my name is Alyssa and I'm a Nursing/Midwifery student from Brisbane, Queensland. I've noticed that most of the replies to this thread are from NSW or WA but I was really hoping someone would see this from QLD and be interested.

It is such a wonderful course and I'm loving every moment of it. As part of the course we are required to complete 20 continuity of care experiences with women which involves being a support person for them and attending Ante-natal classes and with their consent, the birth and post natal visits after the birth.

My placement is at Redcliffe Hospital so it would be preferable if you were planning on delivering there. It is a wonderful journey for both the woman and the student to experience and I cannot wait to begin.

I am in my first year of the course so I am looking to start finding some women who would be interested in participating in the continuity of care experience with me preferably if you trying to fall pregnant or are due in 2014.

If any of you are willing or know someone who may be interested, please feel free to send me a message and I will happily answer any questions you may have. Thank you so much and hopefully I will speak to some of you in the future.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ALYSSAK23, i have sent you a message on your profile page but thought I would reply here also. My partner and i plan on trying for a second baby in the next couple of months and live on the north side. If you are interested in chatting further feel free to reply to my message. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    To all that are on FB. There is a group called Australian Lesbian Parents.

Open to all girls, even us trying (quite a few currently TTC)

Come and say hello

http://www.facebook.com/groups/100180686704971/?fref=ts

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fingerscrossd11 For This Useful Post:

CandE  (17-10-2013),kkmollie  (20-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ,

My partner and I are 23 & 25 TTC so just in the first steps of finding a suitable donor any tips from you all out there very new to this But its so awesome to see that we are not the only ones goin through this
    I guess ill check out the FB page

Thanks

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JAH View Post
    Hi ,

My partner and I are 23 & 25 TTC so just in the first steps of finding a suitable donor any tips from you all out there very new to this But its so awesome to see that we are not the only ones goin through this

Thanks
    Congrats on starting this crazy exciting journey!
    Are you doing DIY at home or going through a clinic?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to almai For This Useful Post:

JAH  (01-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JAH View Post
    Hi ,

Thanks

Good luck and hope your journey is a short one!

It just depends if you're going at home DIY insemination or through a clinic. I'm guessing DIY? It's hard to find a good donor, lots of guys don't realise it doesn't always happen the first time. Or they want s.ex. If you have someone you know, that's probably better than trying to find one online

We have tried DIY insem and are now going through a clinic. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions

12. The Following User Says Thank You to KnockKnockPenny For This Useful Post:

JAH  (01-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Been a while since I have popped in here!

Hope everyone is going well on their journeys! JAH, it is a long hard road and I think the biggest thing for me was knowing what my do and I wanted and following through. It certainly made it easier when searching online for a donor.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Keerah For This Useful Post:

JAH  (01-08-2013)