+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone, I am new to forums lol so please excuse my lack of abbreviations! My partner and I have been together for 4 years and got engaged in August last year. We are trying to prepare for pregnancy and hope to start trying early next year. We we would like our new home to be built (we live in Macarthur area) before baby comes along which is why we are holding off until then. We would love to hear from anyone else who is currently going through the process as we are still exploring our options. We would like to use an unknown donor to avoid any complications with the donor down the track. Any help would be great. We don't know anyone going through this at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi rainbowbabe,
    DW and I have been on the journey since 2011 and have just gotten our first BFP but it hasn't been easy. We too went with an annoymous donor, ended up buying in from overseas....
    It's great you're starting slow as you really should shop around for a clinic, it's so important to find one that suits you. There's always heaps of free seminairs so check out those this year. Make sure you ask questions about when they are open and when their nurses are avaliable for appointments as well, we were really caught out with our clinic you can never take all the time off work to meet all the appointments so make sure they work for you.
    We asked the receptionists to pick us a FS who would be comfortable with same sex couples and our FS has been amazing, supporting and normal. But the clinic has made us feel uncomfortable a couple times with the first forms all having male partner written on them and then this year (after being with them for 18mths)the day defore my first EPU the nurse when my partner was bringing in the warm donation....
    So trust your instincts and don't feel pressured.
    Hope it helps, soory it's long

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great, we have made an initial appointment to chat with the doctor to understand the whole process a little better. Can I ask what clinic you went through? I have heard good things about fertility first and that's who the appointment is with but wouldn't mind speaking to others as well. I did also call around a while back and was kind of made to feel like a bit of an idiot with all my questions. We have never been through this. My partner and I were also discussing our concerns of not being able to use the same donor if the one she uses first then reaches the 4 family capacity. That really worries me evade I really want us to use the same donor so the kids are related that way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and congratulations on your BFP!!!

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Rainbowbabe- can you order more donor sperm now and keep it in storage untill you want to use it? That's what my DP and I did. We both ordered from the same donor and just pay one storage fee per year (thankfully). That way we are guaranteed the same donor for when she tries down the track.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi - not sure what state you're in ? In QLD we are classed as a defacto and so we are a family and so the donor we've fallen pregnant with is avaliable for either one of us. We're with QFG but if this cycle didn't work we were going to look around for another one....FS superb but systems etc not ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amberoonie- we were going to go through QFG but the reaction we got made us uneasy. We have decided to go with City fertility clinic as they come well recommended by friends of ours. Have you heard any good reports about them?

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    In NSW donor sperm can only be used by 5 WOMEN, not families. Unfortunately our donor has reached his quota, so we can't use the same donor for DP if we go through our clinic, so we're considering going through Canberra because their rule is families, and they import sperm from the same cryobank as us. Gotta get it all sorted and kind of waiting til we're in the safe zone and out of the first trimester though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are going to discuss the option of doing the ivf (both using the same sperm) and then freezing mine whilst she goes through it and then mine will be ready for when it's my go. If its already with my egg then maybe it will be okay. We obviously will have to make sure that the donor hasn't got more than 3 families already.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Going bonkers!

Hi everyone,
    My partner 30 and I 29 are a lesbian couple in perth and wanting to start a family together ;-)

After doing some research and speaking to my lesbian Aunt who went started to go through pivet for insemination I have realized just how out of my depth I am!

We had the idea that we would use the website "Free Sperm Donations Worldwide- Private Sperm Donor Arrangements" but after speaking with my aunt who has a friend who conceived with another friend who then sued for custody of the child, I am freaking out

we are literally just starting out and after reading this thread it seems everyone on here is so well versed in the whole process, I’m just wondering if any of you could give us any inside information on what to avoid and where to go that’s been tried and tested with success?
    I’m sorry for my lack of abbreviations and noob attitude, but I could really use some help