+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Support group, gay/lesbian planning pregnancy

Hi all, we are a 23/24yr old lesbian couple in the St.George area, NSW. We have been together for over 3 years and are thinking about starting a family.

We’re hoping to make/join a type of support group (mentally and physically) with people who can understand our situation every/most steps along the way, from planning pregnancy to raising children.

So if you are a gay/lesbian couple who are also trying, want to try or are already pregnant, we would love to hear from you.
    thank you.

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi
    I am 25, DP is 24. We are in Perth. Started TTC process through IUDI early January this year and will finally start TTC in august! Yay!!!!!

How are you guys going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to the club. DP and I have been together for a bit over 9 years and we are trying for our first. You are really lucky being in st George area. There is a great clinic in Hurstville who are really supportive of lesbian couples. They can provide the sperm (or icky boy juice as I call it!) and there is no waiting list for sperm either.

Again welcome and congrats on wanting to take this step.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hey, we are also in the St George area and trying to conceive using fertility first @ Hurstville. This Sunday there is a get together @ Sydney park with new mummies etc. I'm going, hope u can come along. 11am

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

My partner and I (31 &29) are taking the first steps to start our family (yay!) and we would love to meet fellow lesbian couples who are going to start, have started or well along the way! Does anyone know of any groups at all??

Many thanks

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi,
    my partner and I are 28 and 29 and live in melb. We are almost through all the pre appointments - only have last counseling session and nurse appointment left in 2 weeks before we can begin our first IUDI next cycle!!!

Very excited and our brains are overflowing with info and questions!! There is always something we haven't thought of!!!

Happy to chat with anyone in the same boat, it's hard when we don't have anyone we know who has been through this process!!

Good luck to everyone , fingers crossed we all have happy stories to tell soon!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by BNL6 View Post
    Hi

My partner and I (31 &29) are taking the first steps to start our family (yay!) and we would love to meet fellow lesbian couples who are going to start, have started or well along the way! Does anyone know of any groups at all??

Many thanks
    In Facebook there is a group called Australian lesbian parents, it's for everyone who is TTC and/or have kids. It's a closed group, so only group members see the posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello All,
    My partner and I have been together almost 5 years now and have been talking seriously about starting a family for over a year. We are 22 and 21 and live North of the River in Perth. I'm glad this thread exists because I think it's very important to have an outlet for anxieties (even if it is only online) and a support group to turn to.

So we are using a known donor but we had a hiccup with our first choice (he got cold feet) so we are now in the process of talking through all the details with our second selection. We have been baby-mad for the majority of this year and can't wait to be pregnant and have our own little bundle. Just a note - "What to expect when you're expecting" (just finished watching) is a fantastically "clucky" movie, I so recommend it for a cuddle-y planning-baby day.

One thing I am unsure of is health insurance - I've done my research into the Public/Private sectors but I'm not sure which way to swing... Anyone have any input?

Well, hi anyway and good luck to everyone TTC right now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Facebook members, here is the group i was talking about

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1001...group_activity

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by BeansnDuckie View Post
    Hello All,
    My partner and I have been together almost 5 years now and have been talking seriously about starting a family for over a year. We are 22 and 21 and live North of the River in Perth. I'm glad this thread exists because I think it's very important to have an outlet for anxieties (even if it is only online) and a support group to turn to.

So we are using a known donor but we had a hiccup with our first choice (he got cold feet) so we are now in the process of talking through all the details with our second selection. We have been baby-mad for the majority of this year and can't wait to be pregnant and have our own little bundle. Just a note - "What to expect when you're expecting" (just finished watching) is a fantastically "clucky" movie, I so recommend it for a cuddle-y planning-baby day.

One thing I am unsure of is health insurance - I've done my research into the Public/Private sectors but I'm not sure which way to swing... Anyone have any input?

Well, hi anyway and good luck to everyone TTC right now.
    Hi! Welcome to the wonderful world of bubhub where you can get lost for hours reading, posting and learning!
    It has been my absolute savior to our TTC journey!

My DP and I live in Perth NOR too

To answer your PHI question... We have never had cover before and i did look into it a while back. There is a 12 month waiting period where you cant get pregnant, so if you are wanting to start TTC now/soon then PHI won't be of any/much use.
    For us, because we chose to TTC through a clinic doing IUDI (where most of the cost wouldn't be covered by PHI anyway) we decided to just pay everything ourselves. (Medicare covers some things)
    At this stage we are looking at going public for the birth but that may change (I'm scoping more options at the moment.. Ie: a birthing centre?)
    I was also thinking of going public for an OB (when we even get pregnant.... Sigh... because we have spent over $12,000 this year already and don't even have a bubbah) but we are considering if we should continue with our FS as OB depending when/if I get pregnant. So we shall see how we go.

DP and I are also going to 'take turns' in being birth mum. I'm trying first. (FX this is our lucky cycle!)

Goodluck for your crazy journey!