+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mordygordy View Post
    Its a control thing, something he knows I want so bad. Its like its a punishment but for what I don't know. Its also a thing that his family say not to do and he does whatever he can to please his family even though they just continue to use and ABUSE him.

I would want something like a ford territory.
    This is a form of abuse. Do not stand for it.
    Say something harsh to him. Give him a choice. The car or u. U do not need that shtuuf .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You're married.... And he takes his Mums and families wants over yours?? Wow.. Im genuinely sorry you have to deal with that.

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Does his family own the car? If not, tough luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That doesn't safe at all. With a newborn and post-pregnancy hormones raging, you'll probably feel even less happy when your little one arrives than you do now, so worth trying to resolve now!

My son spewed all over his car seat so I had to disassemble it and wash the cover. That meant I had to re-install it. My husband attempted that but it was moving and I wasn't happy. When I took it to a fitting station (I think racv in Vic has a list - maybe the other auto club bodies in other states have similar?), the guy who fit it put his whole body weight on the seat and reefed it into place. My point is - my husband and I hoped he'd got it right but, bless him, he just hadn't. Once I went to the fitting station, it was so clear how unsafe our "fiitting" effort was. Worth the $30 or so bucks to be sure.

I agree with one of the earlier posts - worth taking your hubby with you (if you can convince him) so you can both hear it "from the horses mouth".

Good luck and have a safe, healthy and happy rest of your pregnancy and birth and beyond!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    He would be an ex husband of mine if he carried on like your dh. Pull all the seats out and tell him to sell the car straight up. Not negotiable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have found a place an hour away and are taking it to the professional fitter tomorrow. I actually put the seats in the car and I couldn't get the doors to shut. My dad was able to push them enough to shut the door but you had to shove the doors and the seats moved when you did this. The babies seat is only half on the seat. Fingers crossed the fitter says it isn't safe and I will get a written letter or something and put it to DH then. When I put the seats in they were only sitting there bc there was no way I could get my hand in between to belt them up so fingers crossed the fitter guy says the same. Either way I won't be putting the seats in the back I don't think it is safe so we won't be able to go anywhere as a family (which will mean I am stuck at home as I can't take the kids anywhere with out a car).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    How did you go. I really hope you push the issue on this one.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

Zombie_eyes  (14-05-2012)