+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Tell him he's being selfish & make him watch YouTube videos of car seat testing on those that are fitted incorrectly. He needs to grow up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Let him know its over $300 & over 3 points for not having car seats properly installed!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    If you have to drive it, I don't get why he won't just sell it.

What would you be looking for instead? He might physically need to see the difference before he understands the problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its a control thing, something he knows I want so bad. Its like its a punishment but for what I don't know. Its also a thing that his family say not to do and he does whatever he can to please his family even though they just continue to use and ABUSE him.

I would want something like a ford territory.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mordygordy View Post
    I thought the nearest kidsafe was 2 hours away (was last time I looked) but apparently there is one an hour away now so I will be taking the seats there and hopefully they tell me it isn't safe. I will be getting a written letter too if they say it isn't. Then if that all goes to plan we have to try and find a buyer it had been up for sale since February. Hopefully the person that was coming yesterday will still be interested. Even if it is legal I still don't feel safe with them like that.

I wouldn't buy DS1 a carseat that didn't have a 5 point harness even though he is 4 as he is small and not very heavy and I don't think he is mature enough to sit in the seat properly. If I just brought a booster seat there would be NO WAY in hell we would be able to do him up they are so close and pushed in together.

We had newborn twins in reversible car seats and our 4 year old daughter in a booster seat in the middle (it was an absolute struggle to buckle up her in)....our car was a ford telstar and had the same issue your having (car seats just wouldn't fit in properly) My hubby (now ex) wouldn't sell or upgrade to fit his family in (9 years later he still has the same damn car!!) If your hubby is so intent on keeping his car maybe insist he buy you and the kids your own car? Good luck with it all. I feel your frustration!

xxx

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It doesn't sound safe, but more importantly, there is something telling you that it isn't safe - trust your intuition. I'm sorry but he sounds very selfish. I know several people who have sold their pride and joy in order to buy a safer, more family friendly car. It's a given and he shouldn't be hesitating.

I agree with pp's - take it in to get checked (preferably with him present, because they may even suggest changing vehicles as a solution).

Quote Originally Posted by mordygordy View Post
    Its a control thing, something he knows I want so bad. Its like its a punishment but for what I don't know. Its also a thing that his family say not to do and he does whatever he can to please his family even though they just continue to use and ABUSE him.

I would want something like a ford territory.
    You're being abused too, if he is doing this to control you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow hes being really selfish, youre the one driving the car therefore you should have the majority vote in what you're driving !

Sent from my GT-S5660 using BubHub

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    regardless of whether or not it is safe, it is something that is very important to you. Therefore he should compromise with you for that reason alone. His family should but out and mind their own bees wax…its about your family not theirs.

Good luck with it all, and at the end of the day a good marriage is one where there is compromise and support - maybe remind him of that when he gets home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I second the idea of getting the car seats 'professionally' installed. I find that with some people (some husbands) think that women over-react to small things and it takes another person (usually another man) to tell them otherwise.

QLD ambos, QLD fire dept do them for free up here and RACQ charges 20.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Wow, this baffles me.

You and his children are HIS family, first priority always.

How in the heck does selling the car effect his family so much that they would be so dead set against it?

He has no power or control when it comes to them, so he goes ridiculously over the top with power with you?

Thats not right.